Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2024, 03:22:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15
15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: same simonīs oz frame in ebay??????  (Read 5210 times)

Juanpablo

• Novice
  • Proflex forever from Andalucia
same simonīs oz frame in ebay??????
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:45:56 am »
Hi friends

See this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/K2-full-suspension-Carbon-mountain-bike-frameset_W0QQitemZ7182858490QQcategoryZ72573QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its very rare, and the seller is from china. What is your opinion??????

bmwcarver

• Apprentice
Re: same simonīs oz frame in ebay??????
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 10:51:05 am »
can you say FRAUD :o

I now count two of the exact same auction, quoting word for word the original auction and pictures.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 10:52:11 am by bmwcarver »
k2 900 rebadged as 959
Proflex 957 x2 (Wife's current ride, and a frame)
554 (frame)
Giant Allegre (road)
Burley Tandem (road)

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 11:42:24 am »
hmmmm, thats strange seeing as i won simons frame on friday and seeing that simon is a top man on here i know who i believe, how do you report fraud to ebay? i know simons away for  the week but i wonder if he knows about it?
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 11:55:11 am »
Yup. That's a rip-off alright! Awfully nice (read; rediculously stupid) of the "seller" to include the SAME picture as Simon did. Even more of a gentleman to include frame measurements of said "bike". Come to think of it, I think he only left out 2 lines of what Simon had typed.

Here's a link that might help to resovle the situation. http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/?ssPageName=home:f:f:US

Seeing as how Simon is away for the week i'd think it might be best if YOU handle this, jeffhop. Send them the info. The reason being is that you have already won what's being "sold" and since Simon isn't around to handle it - just seems like you're the next in line, IMHO.

Juanpablo - GREAT find!!!!!

The only other reason I can see for something like this is that the seller doesn't have a means for taking pictures and is using the photos, but given that even the item description is almost completely copied i'd say reporting is in good order. They can defend themselves and prove it to earn the right to sell what they have.
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 11:57:23 am »
Scary thing is, some people might actually look at the feedback (49 w/98% positive) and think they're legit. Of course, if you look at the actual feedback, most of them say things like "?????????????????????????????????????" or "HappyGood".

Here's the real key to fraud though: "We accept payment ways:
1 Bank wire transfer
2 Western Union money transfer
3 Money gram
we can't accept paypal.
 Sorry NO PayPal"

RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.... ::)

Of course, I just bought something from a zero feedback seller two days ago, what do I know?

Also sold my old road bike wheels (not all that old - only 1400 miles on them) for just over $150. Not too shabby. They were my first wheel build (i.e. I built them myself) but my wife said they had to go to pay for the new ones (and I wasn't about to keep them over my new Ksyriums!)
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 12:29:03 pm »
ive just reported the item to ebay and now have to wait 24-48 hours for a reply!  i cant tell you how much of a shock it was to read this post!! if it hadnt been for the fact that simon is very well known on here i would be sh***ing myself thinking id lost a lot of money, as it is, hopefully by reporting it, the listing will be pulled and we can save someone else some money. well done for spotting it juanpablo.

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 02:57:58 pm »
I have seen this before when I was looking for a tenor sax. One sax was listed three times, each with a different seller. Two of the sellers were located, guess where?, yes, China.

I notified ebay, even though I wasn't involved, and  both bogus listings were removed within a few hours.

Matno is right, if they seller states no paypal and only accepts cash type payment, beware!

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 08:51:29 pm »
haha.  i just posted another message to the forum saying I thought this was a fake - there is a UK standard issue wheelie bin in the garden...

I emailled the seller, see if we get a reply eh?  I doubt it.  I'm going to contact ebay on this one as well.

callum
rds
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

Sprucey

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:00:46 pm »
Just a little reassurance for Jeefhop as Simon is apparantly not around at the moment.

Simon is a good friend of mine, I have met him, ridden with him regularly, been to house and left my carbon bike with him to do the main pivot sealed bearing conversion.

He is a totally genuine, honest guy and absolutely mad about Proflex bikes.

If you have bought something from him you can trust that he will do what he says - he won'tlet you down.

This new ebay posting from China is a scam.

Sprucey

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 09:02:53 pm »
in fact, if you look through the feedback and then look at the feedback of some of the people that leave feedback - you'll see the scam - just an endless loop of worthless low value products in create maximum feedback on a list of ebay users.
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 09:04:47 pm »
I can vouch for simon as well, I've used him to test some of our rds stuff in the past.

callum
rds
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

colinv

• Journeyman
  • LFC till I die!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 11:36:14 pm »
I did send the seller an email saying I would buy if he sent it COD, but guess what? no reply.
K2 carbon, XTR mechs, XT v-brakes, Mavi cross ride wheels, XT chainset and lovely Pace RC38LTs.
Custom built Cougar, Ultegra allover for those roadie days

colinv

• Journeyman
  • LFC till I die!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 05:57:40 am »
Who has gone and bid on it?
K2 carbon, XTR mechs, XT v-brakes, Mavi cross ride wheels, XT chainset and lovely Pace RC38LTs.
Custom built Cougar, Ultegra allover for those roadie days

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 11:42:56 am »
looks like someone from the u.s. bid on the frame, just hope he doesnt pay up! i cant believe ebay didnt pull the listing after i informed them it was dodgy!?!  one of the things that made up my mind about buying the frame from simon was this forum and the fact that he is such an active member, i knew it was a genuine bike as he tried to sell it on here before, i would have bought it then but didnt have the funds, fortunately i just sold my giant time trial bike a month ago and used some of the money from that, at the moment im like a kid waiting for christmas, i cant wait!!  lol

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 12:20:35 pm »
"Bidding has ended for this item"

BUSTED!

Hey, Jeff, i'm glad you got cash coming and all, really I am, but don't go edging on the fluffy white stuff, eh? Cold is one thing, snow is a whooooole other ball game. It's coming soon enough.

;)
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery