Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2024, 03:21:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12
12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: same simonīs oz frame in ebay??????  (Read 5209 times)

bmwcarver

• Apprentice
Re: same simonīs oz frame in ebay??????
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 02:07:04 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7183024346&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It's BAAaack.  Again, beleive it or not.  I had reported both of the previous auctions, one was removed the other was not.  Unfortunately someone did bid on the other.  I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one that reported this.  I will be reporting this new one also.

Steve
k2 900 rebadged as 959
Proflex 957 x2 (Wife's current ride, and a frame)
554 (frame)
Giant Allegre (road)
Burley Tandem (road)

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 09:34:30 pm »
this is awful.  although, it shows how good our community is to monitor these things!

callum
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

colinv

• Journeyman
  • LFC till I die!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 09:09:23 am »
Think I might put a huge bid on it and then retract on the last day, I know its a bit naughty but they should be stopped,  I've already been had on ebay and I don't like the fact they are trying to do this with a K2 carbon >:(
K2 carbon, XTR mechs, XT v-brakes, Mavi cross ride wheels, XT chainset and lovely Pace RC38LTs.
Custom built Cougar, Ultegra allover for those roadie days

Shaggy

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 10:11:32 am »
Is it worth emailing the bidders to let them know they are bidding on a scam?  I've gotten burnt personally on ebay and don't wish that on anyone...

bmwcarver

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 10:56:43 am »
Currently two listed again.  Both have been reported.  Unfortunately ebay appears to be slow about checking into this.  Only one has recieved a bid in all these, unfortunately that person was new to ebay apparently so wouldn't have known about spotting a scam.  
k2 900 rebadged as 959
Proflex 957 x2 (Wife's current ride, and a frame)
554 (frame)
Giant Allegre (road)
Burley Tandem (road)

fs_01

• Novice
  • proflex for ever
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 10:24:54 pm »
It's back again in the UK. Now with other seller and look the feedback. All the feedback was on 14 and 15 September.....
We say in Portugal that are half  world to wanting to deceive the other

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K2-full-suspension-Carbon-mountain-bike-frameset_W0QQitemZ7183312972QQcategoryZ72573QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

colinv

• Journeyman
  • LFC till I die!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 10:51:29 pm »
I got a reply from them but we will wait and see if they reply back to what I said.
K2 carbon, XTR mechs, XT v-brakes, Mavi cross ride wheels, XT chainset and lovely Pace RC38LTs.
Custom built Cougar, Ultegra allover for those roadie days

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 12:52:53 am »
how many more people are going to try and sell my shiny new frame!! ive sent the sellers messages so ill see what happens, i feel sorry for the guys that bid on them as they probably think theyre getting a bargain, which they would be if the items were legit. all i can say is im pleased to be part of this community cos if i wasnt i would have bid for these frames!!  im just pleased i bid and won the real one from a well respected bloke on here
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 06:05:42 am »
WHAT just got back and find out this is happening,
BIG THANKYOU TO ALL YOU GUY'S WHO SPOTTED THIS AND HAVE TRIED ALL YOU CAN TO HELP THOSE WHO MIGHT OF BEEN SCAMMED,
Jeffhop be assured your frame and extra's are all packed up and I intend to get it posted tomorrow (17th),
I'm truely gutted this has happened and I wasn't around to help clear things up,
a one pi**ed off Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 07:45:07 am »
Lucky for you, your auction finished successfully before they started copying the heck out of it.

Unfortunately, there's not a ton you can do about it. I used to email the high bidders on auctions like this, but I found that there were so many of them that it was far too much of my time. Dishonest people suck.
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5