Forum > Tech Forum

POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!

<< < (3/320) > >>

Dave_C:
My understanding is a little different.  The difference between the two sizes (three if you count the one that fit the proflex bikes exactly without spacers) is that on the long head tube version the shock assembly and the distace between the mounting bolts on the legs are both longer by an inch and a half or so.  That's why leg sets come in the long and short version.  The shock is actually the same unit but the aluminum piece that mounts it into fork on the bottom side is longer on the long version.  It is true that I could use this long version fork but it would require me to use about 2 inches of spacers and would result in my handelbars moving from where I like them (I can't just flip my stem upside down because it would then interfear witht he top of the fork when it's fully compressed.)

I can get the aluminum shock end from noleen (i'll probably be sending it in for a rebuild anyway), but i haven't yet found a set of legs for a reasonable price.  

Evo4.0_Rider:
I'm trying to sell my K2 Evo 4.0 Frame with a Fox Vanilla RC shock.  The size is "way big".  I'm including the front dérailleur, seatpost clamp, an FSA headset and extra swingarm bearings.  The frame has some cable rub and paint chips, but is otherwise in good shape.  

$200 obo

I'd prefer to sell it locally (Phoenix Metro, AZ), but I could probably come up with a box to ship it.  I don't want to ship internationally though.  

busyguy5@yahoo.com if you're interested.

kiwi:

--- Quote ---My understanding is a little different.  The difference between the two sizes (three if you count the one that fit the proflex bikes exactly without spacers) is that on the long head tube version the shock assembly and the distace between the mounting bolts on the legs are both longer by an inch and a half or so.  That's why leg sets come in the long and short version.  The shock is actually the same unit but the aluminum piece that mounts it into fork on the bottom side is longer on the long version.  It is true that I could use this long version fork but it would require me to use about 2 inches of spacers and would result in my handelbars moving from where I like them (I can't just flip my stem upside down because it would then interfear witht he top of the fork when it's fully compressed.)

I can get the aluminum shock end from noleen (i'll probably be sending it in for a rebuild anyway), but i haven't yet found a set of legs for a reasonable price.  

--- End quote ---
Welcome Dave!
you are right, its the legs which dictate the CM which make your crosslink "difficult",otherwise you could just cut the steerer tube.Prolly easier just to buy another "std" crosslink.what to do?
1)check this whole thread there might be someone who has a crosslink for sale.
2)Post in the main forum,more people will see it,this thread is for those of us who just cant have enough proflex or K2 stuff !.

hammertoe:
Hi Everybody,
I have some nice stock & aftermarket parts from my Proflex Beast that I'm offering up for sale. 1 pair of Syntace CNC red anodized brake lever blades that fit HS-33 Magura hydraulic rim brake lever bodies. Excellent upgrade from stock - $25. 1 Mountainspeed SpeedSprings 100mm fork upgrde kit. This is a two stage coil spring kit that replaces the elastomer stack in Noleen Chubby, RST and other 100mm forks. Excellent upgrade - $50. 1 Mountainspeed Speedsprings shock spring by Eibach. Fits Noleen NR-2, NR-4 shocks. 400# x 2" stroke, electric blue. Way better than stock - $25. Stock parts are: 2 twin bolt derailleur hangers w/bolts, good condition - $10 each. 2 Noleen shock springs. Fits NR-2, NR-4 shocks. 350# x 2" stroke, black - $15 each. Contact me for pictures/info and shipping quote. Paypal preferred.

bigsteveob:
I have a brand new, never installed girvin elite comp (elastomer) for sale. it is standard size, 90-125 mm. the elastomers are still soft. if dave still has his i am willing to trade if his forks are in good enough condition. otherwise i am trying to get $200 + shipping. email to sbevanb@yahoo.com                                                                Aw heck, make me a reasonable offer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version