Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:45:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 8
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6
6 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!  (Read 345900 times)

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:27:04 pm »
OK guys this is a sticky where you can reply and paste links to any interesting stuff for sale.
Obviously the idea it is K2 or Proflex related,be it frames forks whole bikes or aftermarket parts for our bikes
It doesnt have to be Ebay and since where are a whole of the World forum i guess it can be items for sale from anywhere
I will come through every now and then and remove the outdated links
If a long discussion ensues i may start a new thread about the particular item,ie the team bike thread
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 06:55:54 pm by kiwi »
kiwi proflex rider

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
Re: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:39:13 am »
Anybody after some elastomers have a look here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5296
'95 855
'91 Diamond Back Topanga (project: 1st MTB)
'06 Surly Karate Monkey 29er
Custom built Edelbikes 29er #1104

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 09:01:41 am »
Just had a great few days biking in the Lake District and popped into Bike Treks in Ambleside for old times' sake and it turns out they have a few old Proflex parts lying about - seals, bushes, derailleur hangers, a few odds and sods (half a carrier bag full he said). I asked if it was OK if I mentioned it here and they said fine, so that's what I'm doing. Give them a bell if you need small Proflex parts - you just never know they may have what you need.

http://www.biketreks.net/
'95 855

mbrayf

• Novice
  • 757 Forever!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:17:52 am »
Hi guys, if its a hanger you need, get on to betd in newcastle-under-lyme as they make new machined ones for all proflex frames. (and the prices arn't that bad either).
Mbrayf

buzz lightyear

• Novice
  • ride it like u hate it
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 07:35:05 pm »
Hi help im a forum virgin, my NR4 has just lost its damping and sounds strange.
can anyone tell  me where to go for a repair/replacement.
thanx

i used noleen shock service as suggested, great result !!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:51:31 pm by buzz lightyear »
to infinity

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 10:37:32 pm »
You could try these guys:

http://www.noleenshockservice.com/

'95 855

USOM2000

New F&R shocks for 855 needed So Cal
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 10:35:16 am »
I have an 855 that I bought back in '94-'95 and of course the elastomers are shot.  I am looking for replacements so that I can get the bike back on the road.  I currently have the stock front vector set-up and the 856 rear strut, but the oil filled damper may have sprung a leak.  What is recommended as replacment shocks???

I'm in San Diego CA.

thanks all

-Ben

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 12:18:33 pm »
Josh at Risse Racing?

OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

Dave_C

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 08:00:45 am »
Hello,

I’m new to the board.  I’ve just gotten a hold of a Noleen crosslink that unfortunately is for the larger head tube range and I’m trying to get it going on my 98 Ventana Marble Peak.  I understand that with the exception of the bolt spacing on the legs and a part on the bottom of the shock the short and long head tube versions of the fork are the same.  I’m looking for either a serviceable short head tube crosslink or one that at least has serviceable legs.  Also I’m looking for a 200 lb spring to fit the shock (for which I can trade a 225). The long spacing legs are up for grabs as well.  

Anyone have any old parts they’re not using or a lead on some?

Thanks

Dave

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 12:51:58 pm »
To my understandiing, there are 2 sizes crosslink, tall, and short. The difference is the top clamp, which is  tall and short.

You can use the tall on a short headtube with some headset spacers and with a low stem.
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

Dave_C

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 02:18:21 pm »
My understanding is a little different.  The difference between the two sizes (three if you count the one that fit the proflex bikes exactly without spacers) is that on the long head tube version the shock assembly and the distace between the mounting bolts on the legs are both longer by an inch and a half or so.  That's why leg sets come in the long and short version.  The shock is actually the same unit but the aluminum piece that mounts it into fork on the bottom side is longer on the long version.  It is true that I could use this long version fork but it would require me to use about 2 inches of spacers and would result in my handelbars moving from where I like them (I can't just flip my stem upside down because it would then interfear witht he top of the fork when it's fully compressed.)

I can get the aluminum shock end from noleen (i'll probably be sending it in for a rebuild anyway), but i haven't yet found a set of legs for a reasonable price.  

Evo4.0_Rider

• Novice
  • Ride to Live, Live to Ride.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 06:51:50 am »
I'm trying to sell my K2 Evo 4.0 Frame with a Fox Vanilla RC shock.  The size is "way big".  I'm including the front dérailleur, seatpost clamp, an FSA headset and extra swingarm bearings.  The frame has some cable rub and paint chips, but is otherwise in good shape.  

$200 obo

I'd prefer to sell it locally (Phoenix Metro, AZ), but I could probably come up with a box to ship it.  I don't want to ship internationally though.  

busyguy5@yahoo.com if you're interested.

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 12:02:40 pm »
My understanding is a little different.  The difference between the two sizes (three if you count the one that fit the proflex bikes exactly without spacers) is that on the long head tube version the shock assembly and the distace between the mounting bolts on the legs are both longer by an inch and a half or so.  That's why leg sets come in the long and short version.  The shock is actually the same unit but the aluminum piece that mounts it into fork on the bottom side is longer on the long version.  It is true that I could use this long version fork but it would require me to use about 2 inches of spacers and would result in my handelbars moving from where I like them (I can't just flip my stem upside down because it would then interfear witht he top of the fork when it's fully compressed.)

I can get the aluminum shock end from noleen (i'll probably be sending it in for a rebuild anyway), but i haven't yet found a set of legs for a reasonable price.  
Welcome Dave!
you are right, its the legs which dictate the CM which make your crosslink "difficult",otherwise you could just cut the steerer tube.Prolly easier just to buy another "std" crosslink.what to do?
1)check this whole thread there might be someone who has a crosslink for sale.
2)Post in the main forum,more people will see it,this thread is for those of us who just cant have enough proflex or K2 stuff !.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:06:24 pm by kiwi »
kiwi proflex rider

hammertoe

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 02:43:22 am »
Hi Everybody,
I have some nice stock & aftermarket parts from my Proflex Beast that I'm offering up for sale. 1 pair of Syntace CNC red anodized brake lever blades that fit HS-33 Magura hydraulic rim brake lever bodies. Excellent upgrade from stock - $25. 1 Mountainspeed SpeedSprings 100mm fork upgrde kit. This is a two stage coil spring kit that replaces the elastomer stack in Noleen Chubby, RST and other 100mm forks. Excellent upgrade - $50. 1 Mountainspeed Speedsprings shock spring by Eibach. Fits Noleen NR-2, NR-4 shocks. 400# x 2" stroke, electric blue. Way better than stock - $25. Stock parts are: 2 twin bolt derailleur hangers w/bolts, good condition - $10 each. 2 Noleen shock springs. Fits NR-2, NR-4 shocks. 350# x 2" stroke, black - $15 each. Contact me for pictures/info and shipping quote. Paypal preferred.

bigsteveob

• Novice
  • Florida's not all flat! Proflex 4000 & GT RTS-1
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 11:10:06 am »
I have a brand new, never installed girvin elite comp (elastomer) for sale. it is standard size, 90-125 mm. the elastomers are still soft. if dave still has his i am willing to trade if his forks are in good enough condition. otherwise i am trying to get $200 + shipping. email to sbevanb@yahoo.com                                                                Aw heck, make me a reasonable offer!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:46:48 am by bigsteveob »