Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 12:22:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19
19 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Razorback front der.: it’s top pull but it doesn’t  (Read 2032 times)

MegaVolt

• Novice
  • Razorback 2001
Razorback front der.: it’s top pull but it doesn’t
« on: May 22, 2004, 01:50:50 am »
Razorback front der.: it’s top pull but it doesn’t fit

Hello,

Is there anybody here familiar with the problem?

Details here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=24893&goto=newpost

I am asking you to visit the link instead of repeating the question here because someone posted a picture to make sure he got me right, and yes, he got me right, but I don't know how to put that picture in here.

Thanks,
Megavolt
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 02:56:04 am by MegaVolt »
Stuttgart, Germany

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: Razorback front der.: it’s top pull but it doe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 02:28:07 am »
Honestly, unless it causes enough friction to interfere with shifting, I wouldn't worry about it. I've got a bike that has a similar angle, and it has never been a problem. The ferrules tend to "open up" on their own on the side that rubs after a little while, so maybe filing a bit off the stop isn't such a bad idea. Ideally, that cable stop would just be angled a little bit, but things are not always ideal!
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

MegaVolt

• Novice
  • Razorback 2001
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 03:05:10 am »
Thanks for the encouragement!

I did try on "swing pull" deraileurs like Deore and XT, they fit perfectly, but then they sit an inch lower on the tube than my LX and the weld down there doesn't allow for good positioning of the der. clamp. My Gore Ride On cables have been with me on my previous bike for 2 years and are still like new and I was worried about a cable and the inner liner wearing out on the new frame in just a few weeks because of that angle.

Now if you say it's don't fix if aint broken thing I'll install my LX and forget about it.

Thanks again,
Megavolt
Stuttgart, Germany

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 11:55:46 am »
I'm not sure how gore cables would be different since I have no experience with them. However, I have heard that they're pretty durable.
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5