Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:23:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39
39 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Whistla season...let it begin..  (Read 2561 times)

IFO

• Journeyman
  • Is A-line open yet?
Whistla season...let it begin..
« on: May 13, 2004, 01:30:38 pm »
hey anyone of you K2/Proflex dinosaurs gunna be hitting up Whistla this season ???

if so fire me a email... lets link up...

on a side note my old 98 Proflex 4000 was finally retired a couple of weekends back.... it never even broke... [smiley=nod.gif]

rear dropout's bonding gave up the ghost... so the guy who had been riding my old frame bucked up for a NEW C'Dale instead of staying on the old warhorse...

to bad K2 didnt stay in the freeride/DH game... by now they could be a leader instead of a "me-too" follow along brand... >:(

laters people.... [smiley=beer.gif]
if i cry a tear everyday till A-line re-opens i'll have a lake in my house...8-(

jimbo

Re: Whistla season...let it begin..
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 02:26:07 pm »
Hey IFO,

Small world!!!!!!  I met Jordan and Michelle Regalado the owners of a new bike shop in Hawaii.  

http://www.shakabikes.com/

Well it turns out he knows you.  Not only that, he was the rider that was behind when you ate it big time at Whistler.  He said it was quite ugly.  Now I understand your FETISH for ARMOR. ;D

He's already wrenched on my bike and riding buddies  bikes.  He's a really nice guy and is full of great info.

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 03:59:21 pm »
I did see a Tirade there last season....and what an incredible place.

B.C. is beautiful, land, sea and people.

[smiley=beer.gif]

IFO

• Journeyman
  • Is A-line open yet?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 04:12:15 pm »
Yup Jordan is the man behind my getting into MTBikes...

back in the day when he first got into it, i was still into 4Wheelers in a big way...

i remeber laffing at him when he spend like 2000$ on his bikes...

who's laffing now.... :o

i miss him, he can be kind abrasive but in a nice way... [smiley=worry.gif]

i dont wanna discuss my Whistla crash it makes my bones HURT... [smiley=nod.gif]

case anyone is interested heres my latest build for this season...

http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Riders/IFO/IMG_2164.jpg
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:16:29 pm by IFO »
if i cry a tear everyday till A-line re-opens i'll have a lake in my house...8-(

dmc

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 07:37:51 pm »
Back to try to convert a few more K2 riders over to the specialized side? (looks nice) dmc
In the words of Juan-Manuel Fangio "Brakes they only slow you down"

Jimbo

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 08:07:47 pm »
Yup Jordan is the man behind my getting into MTBikes...

Yeah Jordan is probably trying to get me further into the darkside.  He offered to let me try his Orange DH rig at the downhill near his shop and even shuttled us to the top.  I expected it to be plush but I was suprised at how easy it was to launch and clear stuff for such a heavy rig.  I'll get a bike with more travel than the Evo, but it won't be a DH. Trying to pedal the Orange up a slight incline was too much work.  [smiley=disbelief.gif]  But you never know.  My friend's Bullit started out in the low 30 lb range.  Every time he visits Jordan's shop it gets heavier.  He now has double crown lust.

I onced ask Jordan why he was living in Hawaii considering BC has unbelievable riding.  He said how can you beat warm sunshine all year round.  Of course views like this is a bonus too:

http://www.butigroove.com/gallery.htm ;)

IFO

• Journeyman
  • Is A-line open yet?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 03:29:03 pm »
yeah i guess he traded one thing for another...

Jordan always prefered teh faster riding style anyway... so moving to Hawaii makes sence...

the Shore is almost all slow/speed technical riding... which is cool aswell..

but im following in Jordans footsteps.. i have DH envy...slow speed techy trails are quickly falling by the wayside...

im all about fast riding...in fact next year i'll either be buying a full on DH sled or a 2005 Spec. Demo8... [smiley=nod.gif]

one of the frames that has me payinng close attention is the current 2004 Norco team DH... its a beaut... [smiley=beer.gif]