Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 03:27:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51
51 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: EVO Custom paint job - colours?  (Read 2493 times)

proflexGB

• Novice
  • Back in Blighty
EVO Custom paint job - colours?
« on: July 01, 2003, 06:55:03 am »
Hi Chaps

Got an Evo frame in the spray shop at the mo, and can't decide on a colour (color) or decals!, I can have any colour I want!, even carbon weave, so thought I'd ask to see what you all thought was the best color to go for!

I also can't make my mind up on the decals, he has the PROFLEX and 856 and front "P" on his pc under corel draw as he has already done one of those.
It's a red K2 4000 at the mo, maybe I should try the black Disco Monkey scheme?

Just seems a chance to go wild!, he can do any pattern/fade/multi-colours

Any suggestions would be great, thanks......

Nigel .....

Two Proflex K2 5500 's, FOX Floats 100 and 80 up front, SID RACE and Float Talas rears, Spinergys, XTR, CT2s, B4 SLs, ti bolts, Next LP cranks, Ti Eggbeaters......

jimbo

Re: EVO Custom paint job - colours?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 07:19:15 am »
My riding buddy has a black 2002 Disco.  Really sharp looking bike.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 10:47:33 am by jimbo »

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 09:17:45 am »
well, as many people know, I am a carbon fanatic, so the weave with a perl coat over seem cool (check my gallery) or how about an inside out fade. (outside of tubes one color, inside of tubes another) my fav colors at the moment are silver and blue, but pick something you like.
also, does this guy do a  carbon fiber weave pattern with paint? I want to have something like that done to my Aerospoke wheels. please give me contact info for your painter, thanks.
have a great day, and I am sure you will come up with something cool. how about a front to back fade with flames fading to the other color?
have a great day,
Dennis  [smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Thunderchild

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 06:01:20 pm »
How about blue(dark blue to light blue or dark outlined blue) flames on a white (or other) background.

Flames on the rear swing arm would be wild.  

I would lean towards doing something unique instead of a scheme on a production bike.  

Tough when you have wide open options.  

Once you get it painted, there is a company that makes a clear plastic protective material for tubes.  I just ordered one.  I don't remember the name of the mfg, but will post it when they come in.  
Had: 953, 756
Have:
855 cracked frame
Oz
Evo frame

Prowler

• Apprentice
    • Jays FR MTB site
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 01:28:35 am »
Another vote for black here!
Iron Horse SGS Expert DH/FR
Cheeta Prowler DH(RIP-broke it)
K2 EVO FR/Trail

proflexGB

• Novice
  • Back in Blighty
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 12:02:25 pm »
Thanks for the replies chaps,  

Can't believe how difficult this is getting!, frame will be back from shot blasting in the next few days then I will have to make a descision!, wish he hadn't have said I can have any colour!, he even matches to an existing colour like forks etc.....

Any way thanks again, I'll let you all know how it turns out next week!,  cheers,

(PS.  There may be an Oz on the way for me in the next week or so as well!!!,  fingers crossed! )

Nigel .....

Two Proflex K2 5500 's, FOX Floats 100 and 80 up front, SID RACE and Float Talas rears, Spinergys, XTR, CT2s, B4 SLs, ti bolts, Next LP cranks, Ti Eggbeaters......

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 04:18:48 pm »
i'm partial to a deep yet bright purple metal flake with flames at the bottom bracket and hub areas, maybe a few abba stickers - but then again i'm a fan of purple ano so maybe that's just me -

(i had a 427 '73 lime green covertible corvette with a black hood scoop at one time and since then, i've never really had tastes that could be considered near the norm)

OP
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -