Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 09:08:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37
37 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: K2 animal parts  (Read 5718 times)

timthetinyhorse

• Novice
K2 animal parts
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:35:11 pm »
i need to get every single componant for a k2 animal guys and im having no luck at all, can anyone help me, i literaly only have the swingarm and main frame, no bolts, bearings or anything, any help realy would be appreciated
cheers in advance
rob

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: K2 animal parts
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:32:33 am »
have you got a pic of the frame?There was i think one animal(or was it beast?) that was very different from the rest...
kiwi proflex rider

timthetinyhorse

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:40:04 am »
i dont have a pic of the actual frame at the moment but have a pic of how a built one looks, will get a pic of the actual frame up later

http://www.davewilson.cc/Bike/History/k2AnimalFrame.jpg

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
i dont have a pic of the actual frame at the moment but have a pic of how a built one looks, will get a pic of the actual frame up later

Try NoleenJ6 or Risse Racing for shock. Try Iron Horse for swingarm pivot bearings. The rest is elementary.

If you strike out, let us know with details and pictures. I like projects like this. ;D

Good Luck and report back often!
Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

timthetinyhorse

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 02:39:30 pm »

Try NoleenJ6 or Risse Racing for shock. Try Iron Horse for swingarm pivot bearings. The rest is elementary.

If you strike out, let us know with details and pictures. I like projects like this. ;D

Terry

am i correct in thinking that iron horse use the same beraings then or did they buy out the k2 brand?? forgot to say i have the shock minus bushes and bolts, any clues on what spec these bikes would have been?
cheers
rob

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 02:17:08 am »
google is your freind,there wil be pecs somewhere.That model animal IS the one that is ifferent t the other proflex and k2 bikes...there is nothing special about them apart from the rear shock
kiwi proflex rider

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 04:15:45 pm »

Terry

am i correct in thinking that iron horse use the same beraings then or did they buy out the k2 brand?? forgot to say i have the shock minus bushes and bolts, any clues on what spec these bikes would have been?
cheers
rob
K2 spun off the bike parts division to Iron Horse. So for whatever parts are left, Iron Horse now handles them.
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
McMahon FS

timthetinyhorse

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 05:29:09 pm »
nice one mate cheers, have sent them an e-mail so will see what happens, think i will take the frame to the powder coaters next week, you guys think that standard coulours should be done or should i go with something new?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:36:04 pm by timthetinyhorse »

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 04:30:36 am »
nice one mate cheers, have sent them an e-mail so will see what happens, think i will take the frame to the powder coaters next week, you guys think that standard coulours should be done or should i go with something new?
no use asking us we are mostly stuck an a lateish nineties time warp....
kiwi proflex rider

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:02:04 am »
I would seriously nail down the pivot bearings and shock before going forth with painting the frame.I would guess that the bearings can be found locally, and the shaft can be made from bar stock, but the shock is a tough one. I do think you could jury rig an cross adapter and use a stout air shock

Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
McMahon FS

timthetinyhorse

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 02:18:12 pm »
iv got a shock so just need to get hold of pivot, iron horse have replies asking for the year of the frame so if anyone knows what year the frames were produced that would help