Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 10:20:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37
37 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Bent my OZ Derailleur hanger!  (Read 2285 times)

ToNYC

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Bent my OZ Derailleur hanger!
« on: June 06, 2003, 04:23:18 pm »
...bent my derailleur-hanger on a rock today. I'm leaving it clamped-tight in a vise overnight. I'm gonna need a spare/replacement. Does anybody know where to get one? part #? or are there generic ones made for the OZ. Thanks....

GET

• Journeyman
  • Where are the land bridges?
Re: Bent my OZ Derailleur hanger!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 11:58:41 pm »
The derailleur hanger is the same hanger as all of the EVO style bikes with the carbon swingarm ( and probably the same as the aluminum swingarms.)  You can order one from K2 through any local bike shop, but a regular K2 dealer will probably make it easier.  I ordered a spare when I ordered some other parts and I got them within a week (and I ordered them on a Friday evening.)
Physics rules!   (5500C & Animal)

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 02:12:54 am »
part #RK011
and yeah order two!

ToNYC

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
How much was it? nm
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 02:15:36 am »
nm

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 03:13:05 am »
I bent mine a couple of weeks ago and attempted to straighten on the trail using a technique my friend had seen on mtbr that involves using the wheel/skewer as a lever. It actually worked great EXCEPT that I managed to mess up the thread on the hanger and couldn't get the hanger to screw back in. All I need to do is screw a bolt with the same thread through the hanger from the reverse side and I am sure it will sort out the problem. Anyway the moral of the story is that my ride was saved by the spare hanger that I put in my pack some months ago and forgot about until I needed it!
My spare was actually made by BETD in the UK and I reckon it is sturdier than the original, and also looks cooler. Any UK based riders should consider ordering from them online, I reckon they will be quicker than going through a LBS, only took 3 days to reach, and they don't charge post cos it fits in an envelope.Not much use to those in the US!