Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10
10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 550 ridin'  (Read 4196 times)

Ade

• Apprentice
550 ridin'
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:21:29 pm »
Took out the 550 round Cannock Chase (muddy singletrack) the other week. Absolute hoot to ride, forgotten how good this bike is. Thumbies worked fine all day, good geometry, flexistem is nearly as good as x-links most of the time and actually better over lots of little bumps, and you have to ride well 'cos there's no way the cantilever brakes are ever gonna slow you down!

After one lap all my mates were having their brake pads changed (it's really gritty mud there), me - just wound out the cable adjuster to maintain my vague lack of stopping power at a consistent level :o

Absolutly no way I'll be pointing it down a real hill though!

cheers
Ade
550 (1990)
Doing Ironman UK for charity www.justgiving.com/adrianstewartironman

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: 550 ridin'
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 08:31:58 pm »
Took out the 550 round Cannock Chase (muddy singletrack) the other week. Absolute hoot to ride, forgotten how good this bike is. Thumbies worked fine all day, good geometry, flexistem is nearly as good as x-links most of the time and actually better over lots of little bumps, and you have to ride well 'cos there's no way the cantilever brakes are ever gonna slow you down!

After one lap all my mates were having their brake pads changed (it's really gritty mud there), me - just wound out the cable adjuster to maintain my vague lack of stopping power at a consistent level :o

Absolutly no way I'll be pointing it down a real hill though!

cheers
Ade
You now if feel the same about the flexstem.  . Now if I could just get the correct sponges for the rear my rig, I will be smilin'.

OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS