Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 03:25:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43
43 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Need help finding a rear shock for my EVO 3.0  (Read 2092 times)

Justin_Phillips

• Novice
Need help finding a rear shock for my EVO 3.0
« on: May 25, 2003, 04:28:53 am »
I am trying to find a rear shock for my evo 3.0.  I bought a stratos helix pro but my bike shot told me there was no way they could get it on withough doing some grinding which I did not want them to do.  All I really want is lockout.  I really do not want to do any custom modifications besides bushings (that is not a problem).  I am a big guy so I figure stickng with a spring based shock is better.  Will the fox's work or is there something better I should lookin into.  Any advice you great people can offer would be great.

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
Re: Need help finding a rear shock for my EVO 3.0
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 06:49:37 am »
If the size is correct you should be able to get the Stratos to work but will probably have to send it to stratos to have a K2 tail fitted. You will get lots of advice from people who are using that shock I'm sure.
I am using a fox vanilla r and it works great with no mods other than bushings. I think there is a lockout version Vanilla RL. The vanilla rc is popular but will only work on large or way big frames unless using a 24" rear wheel. I am not sure if the 5th Element shock will fit [with or without mods] but I remember that someone has one on one of the earlier Evo style frames, so most likely can be made to fit, I reckon that would be the ultimate! You can pick up fox van r pretty easily on ebay/mtbr but the lockout version might be a bit harder to find.