Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 04:08:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19
19 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Rear Shock  (Read 2708 times)

MAGOO44

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Rear Shock
« on: May 19, 2003, 03:14:33 am »
Hey guys, just had a quick question. I a new buyer of a Proflex 757. I was just wondering what replacements you can use to replace the rear Noleen shock. I heard that they are a pain in the butt and expensive to have serviced. Any suggestions would be much appreciated..

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Rear Shock
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 07:59:21 am »
Hi, I believe Risse can supply a high quality replacment shock for your model, however I've not found noleen shocks to be expensive to service or repair and they may not be quite upto Risse, Fox, Rockshox, etc standards they are still a good unit, do you really need to replace it yet?if it ain't broke why fix it.  
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Carbon_Kiwi

• Master
    • Aotearoa Web Design
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 08:48:33 am »
hey MAGOO44,
i got my nr-2 serviced just a couple of weeks ago - cost me less than $100 [New Zealand dollars] and took less than a week.
i'm happy with that kinda service and with my nr2.
although i am getting a risse off Dennis [hopefully] some time soon...
i want something lighter as i'm a xc kinda guy
ProFlex 957 [retired - but she will be back...]
K2 Oz - I LOVE my Oz   [smiley=nod.gif]
Giant OCR-0
Diamond Back Apex
Specialized Source Eleven

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 09:08:27 am »
Hi MAGGOO44,I think carbon kiwi has confirmed that a noleen shock is no more expensive to maintain than other makes, my nr4 cost me £50 uk pounds to have a complete overhaul replacing all seals and replacing the bushes, this was its first service after 3 years hard use,I to intend to fit a Risse but this aiso due to a wieght saving and custom valving.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 10:02:09 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

onedirtjumper

• Novice
  • shut up and ride!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 05:57:39 am »
I too am looking for a new rear shock for my 857.  the NR-2 is starting to make a lot of noise!  I keep everything clean and tightened down to the right tork but it continues to sound much like a frog!  I was thinking about the Risse.  Is it a good unit?  I'm not familiar with their product!  Also, does anyone make a lock-out shock for the rear?  Just wondering.....Last, how strong is the carbon swing arm on the 857.  It scares me sometimes because i ride places that a xc bike is not suppost too......like the bmx trails!

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 10:00:28 am »
The risse units air sprung or coil overs have an excellent reputation, from what you have said a quality coil over is what you require, I'm sure risse or fox could suppy just what your after, I've not heard of a carbon swinging arm breaking(though someone may know other wise) only the dropouts working loose(an easy fix) however it sounds like the type of riding you are doing is not what the bike was desiged for so don't be surprised if it let go, hope this is of some help.