Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 01:22:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33
33 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: resurected xpx  (Read 3507 times)

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
resurected xpx
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:06:16 am »
ive finally decided to resurect my old xpx that i `gave` my wife (she hasnt ridden it so ive reclaimed it) i split a giant nrs that i took in part ex for a roadbike so now the xpx has been treated to the new judy j4`forks adjustable from 80mm - 125mm with bar mounted lockout that i bought for the giant, some giant hydraulic mph brakes, and some xero element disc wheels and a syncros stem. i havent ridden it yet but it looks killer! ive had to put a 180mm disc on the back cos my home made adaptor must be a bit out but i like a lot of back brake. the oz is going to bed soon for the winter so i suppose its a good time to get the xpx sorted. ill post some pics as soon as i can work out how to do it after everything went pear shaped on here.
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: resurected xpx
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 07:33:59 am »
Soooo, how does it ride?
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 12:18:53 am »
it rides great! the forks are sooo much better than the manitous i used to have on it, its great to drop down to 80mm then locking it when climbing and wind it up to 100-110mm on the downs, it slackens off a bit much at 125mm so i havent experimented too much at that setting. the brakes are fantastic, so much more power than the xc4`s fitted to my oz. ive got some pics put up in my photobucket folder so feel free to browse them.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/?sc=1&addtype=local

Oracle

• Novice
  • Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 12:29:13 pm »
...ive got some pics put up in my photobucket folder so feel free to browse them.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing! :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:34:09 pm by Oracle »
Proflex 857, sold Dec 2006.

Tel

• Journeyman
  • My cycling buddys
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 09:00:48 pm »
You could have warned us about the belly pics, that helped my diet no end and put me off my lunch. (can you get cabon replacements for that belly I bet Simon knows how to do it and old proflexers done it and got pics in his gallery)
Bike looks great though Jeff, I love my XPX but I still would`nt change my crosslinks I love the look of them, and they baffle no end of people.
By the way, seeing the brake hoses has any one tryed useing small blobs of clear silicone to hold them in place. I fit windows for a living and silicone holds most of my house together, I`m sure it would keep a hose still as long as both sufaces were clean, and would pick off if you need to change it.
Cheers, Tel.    

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 09:01:39 pm by ali »
Never whistle through your teeth with a mouthfull of blancmange

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:51:17 pm »
oh yeah, the post op pics! i forgot about them. the rear hose is something i will be looking into shortly ive ordered some hose retainers for the frame mounts but im going to have to get something different for the swingarm, never thought about silicon as its something i dont use very often i was thinking about some `p` clips that could go under the pivot blanker when it comes.

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 04:03:09 am »
dont know about anyone else on here but i hate the mudguard/fender that sprouts from the seatpost! so ive chopped up a rear crudguard and turned it into a rear hugger, ive even impressed myself with how neat this is considering all i used was a pair of tin snips and a drill. ive zipp tied it to the rear shock  and bolted it to the front through the redundant hole where the brake used to be. now if only i could do the same for the oz! pics are on my photobucket site on a previous post.

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 08:39:07 am »
That XPX looks great.

Just keep telling yourself that the big disk on the back is needed for stopping power because the xps is so fast when climbing?:-)

Terry
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 08:41:03 am by shovelon »
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS