Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:26:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11
11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!  (Read 346249 times)

asylum_inc

• Novice
  • Ummm.....Carbon Fiber
    • My Website
Re: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
I forgot to post here first...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160154419935&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

Up for bidding today is my K2/ Proflex 5500c.  It is in mint condition with no problems. The only thing it needs is a pair of pedals and a new owner.

asyluminc@gmail.com

Thanks...

Overall bike condition is excellent.  There are no squeaks or any odd noises when you ride it. The only noise I ever heard while riding was 'Cool bike - is that a Trek?'  I have never seen another of these bikes while I have been out riding. The suspension does not bob much unless you stand up.  I kept the rear shock firm - I never saw close to the 5.7inches of travel.  The only real damage I could find on the bike is chipped paint in the quick release dropouts on the fork and the bottom of the crankarms (where the pedals thread into) is scraped up a little. There is a little rust forming on the head of the rear shock bolts. There is no ceramic chipped off the rims, no cracks or damage to the carbon frame/ swingarm, the fork stantions look perfect.  You can see some black tape on the frame in the pictures - it is electrical tape to protect the carbon from cable rub.  I am including the shock pump, all manuals, crossmax tool (bearing tool), and all of the bomber springs I have.
Here are the details:

Frame:        K2 Proflex 5500c (1998?) thermoplastic carbon fiber frame with carbon fiber rear swingarm (5.7" of rear wheel travel) http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike/product_18227.shtml  I am including the stock derailleur hanger and 2 custom CNC hangars (one is on the bike now).  These were made a little longer to move the derailleur further away from the cassette to be able to run a bigger (lower geared) cassette.

Front Fork:        Marzocchi Z2-BAM (1998?) (with mountain speed travel extension kit to bump travel up to 85mm) 

Rear shock:   Srtatos Helix Expert - coil preload /air assist (compression) / oil dampened rebound (2 springs and shockpump incl) http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Rear_Shock/product_22563.shtml

Cranks:       Raceface cranks/ Rings

Bashguard:         Ringthing (replaces outer ring with 1/8 inch aluminum guard for sliding over rocks/ trees)  *new

Bottom Bracket:    XT

Front Derailleur:  Shimano XT

Rear Derailleur:   Shimano XT

Cassette:     9spd XT (11-32 or 12-32 can't remember)

Shifters:     Gripshift 9 speed

Brake Levers: Avid

Brakes:       Avid Arch Rival 5.0 - with avid ceramic (green) pads *new http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Brake_System/product_20477.shtml

Cables:       Avid flack jacket

Headset:       Synchros (sealed bearing)

Chain:        SRAM  *new

Stem:              Titec Big Al - 135mm x 10deg

Handlebars:   Answer Protaper low-rise riser (carbon)

Grips:        ODI Lock on - Yeti Hard Core

Seat Post:         FSA  *new

Seat:              Sella Italia Prolink

Skewers:      Salsa

Wheels:       Mavic Crossmax (non UST/ non disc)

Pedals:       Not included

Tires:             Geax Grid 200

Basic geometry:  23inch top tube, 30ish inch standover (depending on your tire choice), large frame.  I am a hair under 6 feet tall and this fits me perfectly.  Very comfortable ride.

I purchased this in the summer of 1999 - rode it 5 or 6 times.  Over the winter I replaced everything on the bike except for the frame. I rode the bike the next 2 summers for a total of 20 something rides (under 2 hours - 8/9 miles each).  I moved for a different job (into a 1 bedroom apartment) and left this bike at my parent's house.  It has been sitting for 6 years collecting dust.  The only thing I did to it while it was there was throw a new part on (upgrade fever) once in a while when I went up to their house to visit. Over Christmas 2006 I pulled the fork apart to check everything and put in some fresh bel-ray (motorcycle) fork oil.  Now that I moved back close to home again for another job I pulled the bike out to clean it up. The above parts list is how it sits now.  All I do now is ride around on my road bike.  I do not have a use for this bike anymore.  All it needs is a new owner.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:12:24 pm by kiwi »
2007 Bike Nashbar 853
1998 K2 5500c
Disc conversion complete (thanks to Matno) :)
My Gallery

first2fght1

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 02:20:18 pm »
hi, i am new to this, anyway, i am looking for a crosslink carbon fork and was hoping that one you guys may have a lead on where i may find one.

email me at first2fght1@yahoo.com with any info you may have that will help me in my search.

thanks

andy_bro

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 11:49:01 pm »

medium?

Yup, it's a medium.

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 01:44:41 am »
do any of our uk based riders have a rear shock with an i2i length of 165mm to sell?  anything considered. bushes not essential as ill machine my own. its not for a proflex so it doesnt need a tapered end.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:45:08 am by jeffhop »
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

asylum_inc

• Novice
  • Ummm.....Carbon Fiber
    • My Website
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:06:25 am »
Ebay - New 4000 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190156714975&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

looks good but a little too much suspension if you ask me.  The seatpost and stem have got to go !  :)
2007 Bike Nashbar 853
1998 K2 5500c
Disc conversion complete (thanks to Matno) :)
My Gallery

rightturnclyde

• Novice
  • My own worst enemy
WTB right side (rear) Magura brake lever assembly
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 01:11:28 pm »
Looking for a YELLOW rear brake lever assembly for a hs22(no adjuster knob), as I broke the bleed screw off while trying to bleed the damn thing...grrrr....also looking for rims pads as well. If anyone has some to sell, IM me. Thanks in Advance- Keith

PS- or if anyone can tell me where to get some of the bleed screws, I can try to easy-out the broken bits, and try to save it.- thanks
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:40:43 am by rightturnclyde »
I'm running out of time to do the things I'll never do.

ejunker

Rebuild or replace Girvin ODS
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 06:31:10 am »
I replaced the failed elastomer setup on my Proflex 855 with Girvin ODS units and springs.
The rear ODS just puked up its oil, so its time to make this happen all over again.
Anyone know where seals and rings for the ODS can be had? Or is there anyone doing the rebuild?
Or is there a shock to replace the ODS units for anything like a reasonable cost? I'm only doing cruises in pastures these days, so premium performance ain't the aim anymore.

Best to email me at e.junker@swbell.net

Thanks!

Ed. Junker

ejunker

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 06:48:16 am »
Does anyone have a useable or rebuildable Noleen rear shock that will fit my Proflex 855? I converted it to Girvin ODS/coil when the elastomers failed, so I'm set up for a coil spring.

I'm figuring out that rehabilitating the Girvin is probably a loser.

Thanks.

Ed.
e.junker@swbell.net
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:50:46 am by ejunker »

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 07:42:01 am »
I could be wrong but when rebuilding shocks/forks etc sometimes just stripping down and reseating everything sometimes does the trick. Have you tried stripping down the ODS and putting back together?
'95 855
'91 Diamond Back Topanga (project: 1st MTB)
'06 Surly Karate Monkey 29er
Custom built Edelbikes 29er #1104

cincirider

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 08:30:34 am »
I'm looking for a couple items gang!

1) I need a front derailleur for my ProFlex 957 - 31.8 clamp - bottom pull - 7 speed (42/32/22 crank)

2) I need a matching set of "V" brakes and associated harware for the rear and front of bike

Thanks, CinciRider

ejunker

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 09:40:08 am »
Orange -

I hadn't thought to do that as yet, but it's gotta be worth a try! Actually, I thought I would tear it down and measure the seal seats for dimensions to check with some suppliers. I don't think there's any particular magic in their coming from Girvin and I can probably find something made of better material, now after 10 years of advances in material technology. One or another of my aviation tech buds will probably have an idea and if I solve it, I'll post the solution. I suspect I'm not alone, here.

Thanks for the prod!

Cheers!

Ed.

mark_guide

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 09:51:28 am »
Hey guys,   I recently broke the Noleen rear shock on my Proflex 857.  Does anybody know a good way to modify the the rear to accept a newer Fox or Manitou shock?

thanks,
mark

TheRo0sTer

• Novice
  • TheRo0sTer
    • My Lowered Bus Club
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 10:30:47 am »
Hey guys,   I recently broke the Noleen rear shock on my Proflex 857.  Does anybody know a good way to modify the the rear to accept a newer Fox or Manitou shock?

thanks,
mark

I started a thread about it and Terry posted pics! What did you break on your shock? Are you willing to sell it for parts?
Anthony

Nerve58

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:43 pm »
Does your derailleur hanger fit on any other proflexes, 1997 756 specifically

mark_guide

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 03:59:06 pm »
Sorry it took so long to reply but I had to take off...I broke the main rod/shaft where it enters the cone on the end...Just snapped on a little jump...Age just caught up to it...I'll weld it as a last resort if I can't figure something else out.  By the way I'm not very tech-savvy so what did you mean by starting a new thread and how do I find it..