Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:10:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12
12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!  (Read 348776 times)

K299EVO

• Novice
Re: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« Reply #1590 on: March 19, 2019, 07:04:44 am »
Looking for rear disc brake adaptor for K2 4000 1999 vintage. Part # 5996. If anybody has one that is available to sell I am interested. 413 475 3766  Ken

fyrstormer

• Guru
FOR SALE: 756 blue/silver frame
« Reply #1591 on: April 04, 2019, 05:02:50 pm »
After 21 years of owning my Pro-Flex 756, I've decided to move on. I'm not leaving the Pro-Flex family entirely, though; the red 857 on indefinite loan to my father received a bunch of the upgraded parts that I had installed on my 756 over the years, and barring a catastrophic accident, the 857 will come back to me again someday.

So here's my 756 frame:

The frame is size Medium. It has a few paint scratches which I have touched-up over the years, but it has no dents, and certainly no cracks. (I wouldn't try to sell a cracked frame.) The rear swingarm has a disc brake adapter welded onto it by our very own Shovelon. The headtube has a 1 1/8" FSA headset installed, with a ball-bearing upper and a cylindrical-bearing lower. (I suppose they're technically called "needle bearings", but the bearings are way too thick to be compared to needles.) The piece of cable housing that's running through the rear swingarm is to assist with running a new rear-shifter cable, because unlike the "Expert Series" frames, this frame does not have an internal cable conduit inside the swingarm -- just holes at each end that open into the hollow interior of the swingarm. (I learned that the hard way the first time I changed the cables and I pulled the old cables out without running a piece of cable housing through the swingarm first. Running the new rear-shifter cable was an all-day event after that mistake.) All of the original cable ferrules are included, and I reinstalled the cantilever-brake cable stop for the rear swingarm that I've been holding onto since 1999. (wow...I've been holding onto that part for 20 years, through 4.5 years of college and 4 household moves after college. I've got better organizational skills than I thought!) I can sell the frame with or without the Noleen NR-2 shock shown in the pictures, though I have no other use for the shock so I'd prefer to sell them as a package.

I honestly have no idea how much to ask for this, because I've never sold a bike frame before, so I'll just pick a number: $275 or best offer, including shipping to CONUS. If you live elsewhere, I'll need some time to get you an estimate for the additional cost of international shipping to your country.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:18:23 pm by fyrstormer »

ziggy665

• Novice
« Reply #1592 on: April 19, 2020, 06:06:57 pm »
Hi guys,

I have just registered but thought I will start off with a wanted add. Im trying to put a nice 4500/5500 with Spins and Girvin front end. As Im starting from scratch I will need everything else too but these are the main bits I need.

Please let me know whether you have anything and we can take it from there.

Many thanks

Ziggy

Willie_B

• Master
  • Not old enough to stop playing with toys.
« Reply #1593 on: April 21, 2020, 03:39:56 am »
Hi guys,

I have just registered but thought I will start off with a wanted add. Im trying to put a nice 4500/5500 with Spins and Girvin front end. As Im starting from scratch I will need everything else too but these are the main bits I need.

Please let me know whether you have anything and we can take it from there.

Many thanks

Ziggy

Might want to state your location as shipping could be expensive. I have a carbon frame in the USA.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Qmulus

• Novice
5500 for sale in CO
« Reply #1594 on: May 04, 2020, 02:25:28 pm »
I am not sure that anyone looks here anymore, but I am hoping to find a good home for my bike with a ProFlex enthusiast.  I have a '98 K2 ProFlex 5500 that I am looking to sell in great condition.  The 5500 was the version of the 5000C that was available only as a frameset.  I am the original owner and built it up from the brand new frame in '98 with all the carbon fiber parts that I could find at the time.  It has the original carbon Girvin fork in its final form with all updates,  Noleen Smart Shocks front and rear (no leaks, replaced the troublesome button covers with original parts when new), with two different (original yellow) rear springs.  XTR, shifters, brake levers, rear derailleur and brakes, Easton CT4 carbon handle bar and seat post, XT front derailleur and 175mm crankset, Mavic CrossLink wheelset, Gore RideOn cable set with yellow boots.  Weyless carbon bottle cage.  Fizik Nisene saddle.  All the components are '98/'99 vintage and have the black/red/yellow color scheme of the frame and forks.  I have the magazine review of the bike from '98 that will go with it

I had been riding it on and off over the years and always kept it in excellent shape.     It had a nick or scratch here and there on the black bar ends, crank arm ends, and plastic seat wear surfaces, but looks as close to new as you will find.  All decals are intact and in excellent shape.  I was going a set of Spin carbon wheels and slicks to use as a city bike, but I have too many bikes.  This has to go.  Would like to start at $1250 shipped in the CONUS, but entertaining all offers.   No offer will offend me, but I may just plain ignore them if I feel they are too low.  Sorry.  Local pickup or even delivery in Denver area is also possible.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:33:44 pm by Qmulus »

MegaVolt

• Novice
  • Razorback 2001
K2 Razorback 3.0 Noleen pull shock and/or noleen fork wanted.
« Reply #1595 on: September 21, 2020, 12:47:07 pm »
Hi guys,

If any of you would be willing to part with a Noleen Mega Air pull shock or fork I would really appreciate that. Just let me know how much you want and what the condition of the fork/shock is.

My K2 Razorback 3.0 is still a beauty all these years but it could use a little help of yours.

The fork: one of my stanchion caps developed a crack. Probably me being an idiot and having overtightened it - a Würth sealant "solved" the problem back then. I bought a torque wrench and don't make such mistakes any more but the problem is still there. Would be nice to get a working fork or a cap. Or a working fork and a cap.

The shock: it started to leak air. I have never serviced it. Just didn't have the courage to fix what ain't broken. I now have so much fear I open it, something goes wrong and I lose my bike.
A backup plan would be nice.

Current location: Germany, Stuttgart 70188.
Stuttgart, Germany

serviceguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #1596 on: April 19, 2021, 08:38:52 am »
It's on a public group on FB, everybody should be able to access the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105707069586320/permalink/1886617094828633/

This guy is selling an anodized frame claiming the 'Elite' markings are 'under' the anodizing. WOuld not answer with the model of the bike because he probably doesn't know or doesn't want to. Supposedly belonged to a Proflex engineer...this is kind of local to me, I have no interest in the frame because too expensive for the parts and I don't like shady sellers and it's not a large...but some parts could be of interest.
'97 PF 957
'97 PF 857
'98 K2 1K
2 x '98 K2 5K
2 x '98 K2 4K
'02 K2 Bmp Mnk
'14 Salsa El Mariachi SS
'15 Salsa El Mariachi
'18 Salsa Mukluk Carbon
'19 Knolly Fugitive LT