Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 01:22:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32
32 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Girvin mag ti?  (Read 2276 times)

pffft

• Novice
Girvin mag ti?
« on: May 05, 2003, 12:51:32 pm »
Anyone know much about these? Are the ti
spindles safe for a 195lb trail rider( no big air,
well, NO air)?

patrick

epac

• Journeyman
Re: Girvin mag ti?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 01:06:21 pm »
i own 2 sets of these and i love them. easy to get in and out of. i guess the only down fall is the ti prep you have to put on them. the stuff gets everywhere and doesnt come out of anything.

about the weight i'm not sure. i only weigh 150lbs soaking wet...

.............peace [smiley=nod.gif]
oZm (retired to green fields & mountains in southern kiwi)
99'1000
00'zedx
01'razorback(its here, i've rode it, i love it broke it i fixed it)
yamaha yzf r1

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 03:53:44 pm »
i don't remember a weight limit on those pedals, but wouldn't hurt a call to k2.

nothing wrong with those pedals, just a about a handful and a half of better stuff out there now, though

Andy

• Novice
    • My K2
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 12:43:59 am »
I'm not sure about the Girvins, but I have had these since last year(see the link below). They are magnesium with Ti spindles and weigh almost as little as eggbeaters. I'm certain that the Girvin pedals are actually made by wellgo. I have about 15-16 hard rides on them without a problem. (BTW I weigh about 190lbs.)

http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=17903&secid=7559&subid=1811&compflag=1&company=Wellgo

I have had clipless pedals since 1994 and have only owned 3 pair in that time, (all wellgo). The first set were damaged from a crash shortly after buying them, the second pair I used for 6+ years without one single problem! I went thru many sets of cleats and shoes, but those pedals performed flawlessly! They are still in use on my spare bike. I only bought the new ones on a whim (since I needed a second set for the spare bike)

The Mag/Ti pedals are the same exact design as my old pedals. I like them far better than Shimano since there is less float, they can be cranked really tight, but are very easy to exit in a hurry.

I can't recommend these enough!

BTW, I just used a little locktight on the threads instead of Ti prep, since I've used it in the past without problem.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 12:48:49 am by andy »