Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 05:21:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45
45 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Am I being disloyal  (Read 5332 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Am I being disloyal
« on: August 18, 2005, 10:18:45 am »
Am I being disloyal but I really want this bike, ???
no I really really want one of these, :o
I really want to try one round the Afan Forest. ;D
6" travel front and rear on the fly adjustable down to 4" front and rear,VPP,Propedal,Hope M4's,Easton carbon riser's,even Goodridge hoses as standard.
Sub 28Lbs
http://www.whytebikes.com/whyte-swf/specs.php?MenuType=Dual&MenuSubCat=models
http://www.whytebikes.com/whyte-swf/

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:35:15 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

jinder

• Master
Re: Am I being disloyal
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 11:28:39 am »
Hi Simon...

Well, that is a fancy bike - I can't blame ya like for wanting one....I think anyone here would love to have this machine.

It looks great and sounds lite too...When you get it take lots of pics for me...

(For me...my 957 is a dream to own)  :)
Beast

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 01:02:55 pm »
Traitor? Nah. I say go for it. Variety is the spice of life. If you can afford it without being dog-housed then ....

GIVE 'ER!  
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 01:51:59 pm »
Just tell yourself that the original Whyte had a linkage front end! That's related enough... I'd kill to try one of those Maverick forks. They look and sound fantastic!
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

will

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 02:03:12 pm »
we've got a local Doc who rides a Maverick bike with those forks. He's pretty, um, stout and give that fork what for.

Nevertheless, he loves the fork. It's just buttery smooth and scary light.

The Maverick rearend... well let's just say it's a good thing he's a $urgeon. That bike spends more time in the repair shop than the mechanics.

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 04:55:38 pm »
Simon, Steady Boy, Steady!

Click your heals three times and repeat:

"There's no place like Home"
  "There's no place like Home"

"My dream (bike) had some funky high pivot, virtual pivot, linkagey swingarm Aunt Em!" "And Maverick, you were there, and Hopes, you were there. Heck, everything I ever dreamed of was there!"

That's nice Simon, you better take care of that bump on your head!

Sorry Simon, could'nt resist.
Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

junkster

• Journeyman
  • All the engineering expertise of Homer Simpson
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 08:01:17 pm »
You only path to redemption on this site it to buy everyone each this new Whyte bike!

D [smiley=beer.gif]

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 01:10:20 am »
You only path to redemption on this site it to buy everyone each this new Whyte bike!

If you did, I'd be happy to join a new forum! (But I'd still follow this one...)
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 04:39:25 am »
 :'( :'( :'( I can't afford it (YET)
but if I could I would,subject to testing it of course,
I'm just dreaming about it for the moment,
if I did get one I'd still keep my 856 project and the 4500 so I'd still follow this site (if welcome  :P)
just seen a s/hand 04 model with full XTR for sale  :'(
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 05:11:30 am »
i wouldnt say you were being disloyal as long as you still owned the proflex`s (proflexi?) id kill for a whyte 46 or even a prst1n  (named, i think after a charachter in a wallace and grommit film!! i kid you not) go for it!  by the way heres my latest addition to my ever increasing bike family.

http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?photo=jeffhop/airborne_tbolt.jpg;photo_height=500

an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 05:40:51 am »
I want a Whyte bike. I really, really want a Whyte bike.

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 05:52:06 am »
:'( :'( :'( I can't afford it (YET)

Heck, if we could afford it, I honestly doubt there would be half as many people on this forum as there are! As it is, we're mostly guys who like to work on bikes and are keeping a solid frame (especially for its time) alive and in some cases more than well. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who can justify the occasional upgrade to the powers that be (wife) but not a brand new bike. Besides, it's hard to justify the expense to myself when I've got such a nice bike now.

If I had money to burn, I'm sure that just like most of you, I'd buy the latest and greatest. It's all a matter of rationalization and justification...

Go Proflex! 8)

will

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 06:39:10 am »
Again and again... the recurring theme.

I almost bought a Prophet 1000 when I got my "free" 856.

The difference for me is the Prophet will be as "historic" as the 856 in two years. With the right components, the 856 will continue to be one of the best rides ever built.

When things REALLY change (like putting the gears in the bottom bracket) then it will be time to look beyond.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 10:27:43 am »
id kill for a whyte 46 or even a prst1n  (named, i think after a charachter in a wallace and grommit film!! i kid you not) go for it!  by the way heres my latest addition to my ever increasing bike family.

Your quite correct,yes thats how it got it name,abriviated from the name Preston,though the latest version is PRST4 still with the linkage fork.

If I could afford the 46 I'd buy it (I really like it)but the heart is still with Proflex we go back along way,probabaly why I feel quilty about wanting one  :-[
maybe if Proflex had stayed Proflex with Bob at the helm maybe they would be producing something like
the 46 now  ???,anyway I'd never sell the 856 project or the 4500 and I'd still keep tinkering.
Simon still dreaming.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 10:31:28 am by Simon »

sammydog

• Master
    • Hunter Mountainbike Association
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 11:11:46 am »
I'd hope it isn't being disloyal, otherwise I need to sell some bikes   ;D

I love my proflex's, but my Norco and Specilized aren't going anywhere. As long as you have a proflex (or two) in the shed, then things are fine.