Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 01:18:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23
23 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: I got my beast... and my Honda S2000  (Read 4496 times)

jinder

• Master
I got my beast... and my Honda S2000
« on: August 05, 2005, 03:16:51 pm »
I'll post pics of my Beast soon... its MINT

I also bought a Honda S2000 tonight...  here it is

« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 01:15:03 pm by jinder »
Beast

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
Re: I got my beast... and my Honda S2000
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 09:09:00 pm »
jinder , gorgeous car, you have far too much money!! one question, where does the bike rack go?   ;)
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

jinder

• Master
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 02:58:24 am »
LOL, I guess the bike rank goes on my Integra  lol.

How is the shock working out for ya?
Beast

jinder

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 05:59:57 am »

Beast

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 06:57:16 am »
Looks like you've also got matching Velociraptor tires on both bikes. Nice. Wish I had used those in my race last week. I'd be out riding right now if I had! (I had a set of spare wheels with V-raptors, but the cassettes were incompatible and I was too lazy to change the actual tires. Doh!)

Those are great tires. I'm not sure that anything else is better. My buddy who has gotten a new bike (sometimes more than one) every year for the past 14 years and goes through at least 2 or 3 sets of tires each season still says those are his favorites of all time. (Except for whatever he's riding now. He has this thing about saying that whatever bike, component, etc he's using now is the best ever...)

One thing you might consider (if you're going to keep the Chubby fork). All of my friends who rode Chubbys when they were the best thing going swapped the elastomers for spring kits. Don't know what kind or where they got them, but I just took a Chubby apart for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see that there are 6 elastomers and only about 2 inches of spring on BOTH sides. Personally, I thought the fork felt better when I completely removed the stack from one side, but I didn't actually ride it like that so I can't say for sure (plus I like lighter springs for my lighter weight).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 07:00:06 am by Matno »
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jinder

• Master
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 07:20:33 am »
Ahhh, thanks again Matno!

You know...this beast is much more heavy then my 957 - its shocking to feel the difference.

I still love it though...my dad would love riding it - we go for our first bike ride today...can't wait.

I'll look into some springs...I was thinking that just last week!  :)
Beast

jinder

• Master
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 07:22:11 am »
Oh yea... the rear shock feels lose.  Like... it shakes from side to side at the base...

I think I'll order a Risse for the rear this winter.
Beast

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 07:55:42 am »
You know...this beast is much more heavy then my 957 - its shocking to feel the difference.

Well, it is a "BEAST"!

The fork is responsible for a lot of the difference. Plus you've got a lot of nice light components that the Beast doesn't have.

I'm still scratching my head at your reversed stem though. It kills me just thinking about it. How many inches higher is your seat than the bars?! Have you gone over the bars yet? If not, you will with a setup like that. When I upgraded from 3" to 4" shock, I also added 1.25" of spacers to raise my bars. Now, I'm no freerider/downhiller, but I like my bars higher like that. Actually puts them just about level with the saddle, which I think is ideal.

That yellow Kore on the Beast looks about perfect for your bike (maybe a little too short though, based on what you have now, but a good angle). Too bad the yellow would probably clash. Not that I can talk, I've got non-matching yellow forks on both of my yellow 5000 frames. Ugly, but what can you do? My roommate had a yellow Manitou fork that matched my frame perfectly, so I assumed that yellow was yellow. Both my forks look more like mango though. Oh well.

Maybe someday I'll switch to red... (Actually, I probably won't unless my fork completely dies, in which case I'd just use it as an excuse to get a new bike, preferrably with a Lefty Max...)
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jinder

• Master
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 08:55:04 am »
You know, I love my set-up on my 957.  I been riding it alot and I really feel totally comfort with it.

I tried to ride with the stem the "correct way" but it felt so strange...I couldn't handle it at all.  I think people haven't seen my arms...they are SUPER LONG   lol.

Beast

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 11:13:43 am »
Jinder,

both of those bikes look great. I also like the s2000. I am a fan of the old "real" sports cars from Italy and England like MG, Fiat ( I've owned two Fiat 124 Spyders in my lifetime), Triumph, etc and not these new kind (boxster, MR2, etc.). however, of all the new type sportscars, the only one I would consider buying is the S2000. it looks pretty cool, and I understand it has a lot of performance. I got out of the sportscar thing when I started windsurfing (lots of gear to carry.).

anyway, have fun with the car. don't crash it!!!

also, have fun riding with your dad. thats something I was never able to do and now he's 86 so its out of the question. I'm sure you'll make lots of new memories with him.

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

jinder

• Master
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 11:33:56 am »
Thank you Dennis  :)     [smiley=beer.gif]
Beast

will

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 02:20:29 pm »
Sheez JV,

That 957 is sweet but I'm with Matt. That's gotta be one heckuva "head down - hiney up" ride. But you're young, you can take it. At least you'll have forearms like Popye the sailor man.

My buddy @ work races his S2000 and just loves it. At the track last month he got passed by a Ford Lightning coming out of a turn so he's got horsepower envy now... I think a turbo's in his future if he can't swing a new Lotus Elan. Didja get the newest S2000 with the extra motor? Shweet!

jinder

• Master
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 03:14:36 pm »
Thanks Will....  

Yes, I really love my set-up on the 957.  Any other set-up really dones't work for me... :)  I love that 957 - its extrememly lightweight and its fast!  I am not kidding...it takes off like a rocket and climbs hills so easy - I can't even dream of having some other bike.  The Beast is a gift I bought for my father - we went for our first bike tour tonight...it was awesome!

The S2K.... my baby  lol.  Its a awesome street machine - mine is a 2001 with 8000miles... yes, only 8000miles!  Its mint as a new S2000.  I perfer the older motor (2.0L) because it has that insane 9000rpm redline - which is a thrill!

Now, I just gotta pay the loan ...haha, oh boy!   :o
Beast

proflex252

• Master
  • TransAlp forever!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 10:41:52 pm »
I fell in love with that girvin cranks!!

I think I will have to get one for one of my bikes.

Maybe for the 952 frame I just bought on ebay.

But unfortunately I didn't see one of those cranks on ebay Germany. Anyone an idea where I can get one?
http://www.bike-sport.com/

07 Nicolai UFO ST
01 K2 Disco Monkey
98 K2 Proflex 5000
93 Proflex 853
92 Proflex 952
92 Proflex 252
95 GT Tequesta
IBS Titanium Single Speeder 24"

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 03:54:43 am »
I fell in love with that girvin cranks!!

I think I will have to get one for one of my bikes.

Maybe for the 952 frame I just bought on ebay.

But unfortunately I didn't see one of those cranks on ebay Germany. Anyone an idea where I can get one?

I think you'll find Girvin cranks are just re-branded Sugino Impel cranks,
you'll have better luck finding these.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,