Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 09:31:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Will this fit my medium Evo?  (Read 2354 times)

ChilliConCarnage

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Will this fit my medium Evo?
« on: April 21, 2005, 07:13:13 am »
You are all probably sick of people asking if a certain shock will fit, but I have read so much about what will or won't, and I'm now totally confused:

http://

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36135&item=7150790720&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It's an 8.5" I2I 5th Element.

Note:  I am not really mentally equipped, nor do I have the tools to do major customization to make something fit - although I'd be happy to hire any of the Geniuses on this board to fashion some custom fittings for me.

So, how about it?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've found another shock that might suit better.  It's a Romic, also 8.5", and they are a local seller (which I always prefer), and there's no reservoir to get in the way:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42317&item=7151035071&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I've heard that Romics are great performers, great pedal platform, etc.  They had a bunch go out wich bad seals, but supposedly this iis not one of them.

So, any thoughts on fit?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 07:20:12 am by ChilliConCarnage »
MOUNTAIN:
00 K2 Evo 4.0
99 K2 Flying Monkey
03 Salsa Caballero Scandium

ROAD:
06 Cervelo Soloist Carbon
06 Look 555 carbon
06 Fuji Cross Pro

Total of 42 bikes owned in last 5 years

nn

Re: Will this fit my medium Evo?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 09:14:22 am »
I

GaryF52

• Apprentice
  • It's only a little further to the top.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:15:42 am »
I had my eye on the same 5th element for my Disco Monkey but I don't think it's going to fit.
Check out OP's gallery.  He has a 5th one his OZ (large I believe).   Upper shock mount on my Monkey is much more rescessed than on his OZ.  Also check out the grinding job on the lower shock mount to make that 5th fit.
I think most shocks with an external resevoir will be a problem on a medium Evo.  
If you can live without the stable platform, Fox Vanilla R or Statos Helix are both good coil shocks.

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:22:19 am »
don't know much about the romic but it looks like it will fit. In view  of the bad rep u might get a good  deal and it is stable platform also, be interesting to see wot that sells for. I think i read somewhere that the van r shocks can be serviced/revalved to make them 'propedal' and you can probably pick one up cheap  now that everyone is crazy for swingers/5th elements.