Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:20:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59
59 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: jersey question  (Read 2211 times)

jason

jersey question
« on: March 15, 2005, 03:24:47 am »
i've been riding for about a year so i'm not quite a beginner but close. i've just been wearing a t-shirt and shorts. i picked up a pair of cycling shorts and want to get a jersey, but have no idea what the different types are for - indie, rally etc. I ride moderate cross country trails, 10 - 15 miles with hills, no jumps. and i'm in houston, so it gets hot as hell. i found this mesh jersey. would it be good for the kind of riding i do?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4551

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: jersey question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 01:02:05 pm »
You can really wear whatever you want. If you're in Houston, I'm sure that the lighter the mesh, the better. I grew up there, and it really is hot as hell. What part of Houston are you in? I've got a friend in the Woodlands who has really gotten into road riding in the last couple of years since I hooked him up with a nice Cannondale. Put in 2000 miles in his first six months. Now he's got a Trek carbon and has been going REALLY crazy with the mileage. Not bad for someone older than my dad (who just retired)!

My only other recommendation for Houston would be to get the lightest colors you can find. Wearing a dark shirt in the sun REALLY makes a difference in heat. Plus bright colors are safer if you ever ride on the road. I'm partial to neon yellow...
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jason

Re: jersey question
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 02:34:08 pm »
I just moved here, so this will be my first summer. I'm downtown at Rice Lofts if you know where that's at. Plan on taking the bayou down to memorial and checking out the trails there.