Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 05:17:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28
28 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Girvin Elite Crosslink legs & Vector compatibi  (Read 2431 times)

junkster

• Journeyman
  • All the engineering expertise of Homer Simpson
Girvin Elite Crosslink legs & Vector compatibi
« on: November 06, 2004, 04:08:37 am »
I have just recently gotten hold of a set of Girvin Elite Crosslink legs in very good condition.

more pics in the gallery. Thing is, looking at them I think they might be compatible with my Vector fork links, etc. They seem to have the mounting points in exactly the right place. Reckon they'll fit?

Also, looking to make a front disc mount for them if they do fit, for a Magura Julie postmount disc brake with 8" rotor. Can anyone help me out here as I have made one in the past that wasn't the best looking piece of craftsmanship, and weighed way too much.

I would like to bond an adapter to the aluminuim legs like I have seen other riders do with Carbon cross-links.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 04:10:35 am by junkster »

Ionit

• Journeyman
  • Ionit
Re: Girvin Elite Crosslink legs & Vector compa
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 04:59:11 am »
Good chances the bolt positions are in the right spot but are the leg lengths and hub offset the same also?
Sorry I can't answer the disc adapter question. Are you really going to put an eight inch rotor on the bike. That kind of leverage length can tear off you left leg without proper reinforcement.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 05:00:40 am by I_2_ionit »

junkster

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 05:55:08 am »
Hi Ionit,
          allready been on my vectors for 6 months with no problems - check out my gallery.  [smiley=nod.gif]

Thanks for the advice. The legs are exactly the same size, all the bolt holes, etc are in the same places.

Will see if anyone else wants to impart their knowledge my way and go from there.

cheers,

Dan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 05:55:47 am by junkster »

junkster

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 06:20:37 am »
Also, thinking about it there is a possible incompatibility with the mounts, in so much as the Vectors have the same location mount for the Canti hanger rivited on. Whereas the elites seem to maybe have had plates that bolted on:

The elites:

tmaybee

• Master
  • Go ride!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 06:53:38 am »
Check this out

http://www.cyberus.ca/~will/Gervin.htm

Cheers,
Trevor

junkster

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 07:01:55 am »
Hi Trevor,
               hows tricks?

Yeah - read this many times for inspiration over the months. I had forgotten about it - and kinda didn't make the connection - since this is new crosslink parts with old Vector legs - but of course the legs on the crosslinks should go with the Vector parts.

As above, my only concern has been the canti hanger - but looking at the url link to the mod I see his canti hanger isn't even present, so technically won't matter. I'll just leave it out altogether, (because I'll still have the brake booster to add the rigidity needed).

I just wondered why then, does the Crosslinks have on each leg the upper and lower screw threaded holes either side of the lower link mounting hole, (see closeup pic above). Is this because an optional canti hanger was available that bolted on, (as opposed to the riveted Vectors)?

D

tmaybee

• Master
  • Go ride!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 12:31:34 am »
Yuppers. One set if for the Canti hanger.  I think the other set may be for a reflector?