Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:23:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30
30 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Rear disc adapter  (Read 4823 times)

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: Rear disc adapter
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 03:11:59 am »

You missed to mention that OP also said:

"thank you, unless we can buy something better, many prefer to pack our own chutes, load our own ammo and make a simple bracket.  it's like having our signatures on our bikes. "

Umm.... I take this as an Insult directed DIRECTLY at me Matno. And in case you have forgotten....

No, I haven't forgotten, but I like to think it's in the past, whatever happened between you two.

Also, I have a hard time seeing that as an insult (direct or indirect). I said essentially the same thing in my post: some of us prefer to make our own stuff. For those of us who don't want to drill holes in our dropouts, the Hammerhead is not an option. For those who do, it is a great option with a lot of expertise behind it (thinking specifically of the type of metal used and the slots cut into it, which presumably both lighten and cool it). That said, my "jimmy-rigged" bolt-on adaptor is rock solid, weighs close to the same, cost a lot less, and has never transmitted a noticeable amount of heat to the bike. Plus it has the added factor of having been made by me. For me, I can't imagine anything better.

As for commercially available models and marketing, there is no real dispute on this forum that the Hammerhead is a) as good as or better than anything out there, and b) only available from RDI.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 03:13:46 am by matno »
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 08:26:03 am »

No, I haven't forgotten, but I like to think it's in the past, whatever happened between you two.

Quite agree, I think we've heard enough on this subject,this forum I believe is for helping and sharing with others our experiances and any information on our shared interest in the Proflex/K2 brand not for any personal attacks and insults,I think op's great,very witty and full of usefull info,hammer obviously an excellent engineer sorry don't know much else about you, but for our sakes both of you get over it your spoiling my browsing.

Simon :(
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 05:03:13 pm »
i have no ill will towards mike and forgive him completely for all of his comments

by the way, brian flannigan, the gentleman from canada who helped me build my first disc adapter, sold his k2 carbon frame with his home made disc adapter attached on ebay a ways back.  

brian sent me the instructions on how to build my first adapter and as you can see, and as i have always stated - the ones i've built are a knock off of his.  i've always given him appropriate credit.  he got a good price for it, mine went for less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3655157021

i guess he moved on to another frame style -

OP
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 05:08:03 pm by Old_Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 02:20:41 am »
found this in our gallery from GET - somewhat similar to the clampon model being sold

OP

Oh - for decals, look to march of last year in the files and i believe dave posted them in an adobe format.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 02:22:44 am by Old_Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -