Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:29:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 101
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96
96 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!  (Read 352906 times)

Qmulus

• Novice
Re: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« Reply #990 on: December 12, 2010, 09:46:30 am »
Thanks for the links!  A have the newer cone style rear strut on the bike now.   It is good to see that there are some options. 

Rederz

• Novice
« Reply #991 on: December 14, 2010, 12:03:09 pm »
Just A quick Geads up For any one out there wantin a K2 OZX theres 1 just come up on ebay. Item number: 270680168943.
Would love it my self but the wife says 2 is enough with the XPX n XP6.

Cheers guys hope of use to some1
Proflex XPX
Proflex XP6
K2 Animal

Willie_B

• Master
  • Not old enough to stop playing with toys.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Rederz

• Novice
« Reply #993 on: December 15, 2010, 08:15:26 am »
Doesn't it just.

Does any 1 out there know of any carbon vector forks for sale. have been looking at swapping my elite crosslinks for a while but they never seem to come up :(
any Help or info would be much appreciated  :)
Proflex XPX
Proflex XP6
K2 Animal

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #994 on: December 15, 2010, 12:46:01 pm »
there have been 2 pairs up on ebay in the last few weeks.... just got to keep your eyes peeled 8)
'95 855
'91 Diamond Back Topanga (project: 1st MTB)
'06 Surly Karate Monkey 29er
Custom built Edelbikes 29er #1104

w2zero

• Master
« Reply #995 on: December 15, 2010, 04:44:50 pm »
I got my carbs from craigslist.  Guy wanted 80 for them and took 60.  No shock but all the linkage is there and all in excellent condition too.  Santa is bringing the right Noleen shock so I can take the modified one off and get full travel.
856 Beast 1
856 Beast 2
856 Animal (small)
856 frame set
Bianchi 748 fix
Hiep Duc 69
Pro Patria

w2zero

• Master
« Reply #997 on: December 17, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »
Sweet!  That was a dandy pile of parts.  Are all those shocks good?
856 Beast 1
856 Beast 2
856 Animal (small)
856 frame set
Bianchi 748 fix
Hiep Duc 69
Pro Patria

stangman675

• Novice
« Reply #998 on: December 18, 2010, 12:01:02 pm »

The loose smart shock is blown.  It looks to me like it is a rear mount anyway since the mounts are smaller than the one mounted on the fork.  The fork was what I really wanted, the rest is just gravy.

w2zero

• Master
« Reply #999 on: December 18, 2010, 10:41:17 pm »
Just got my UPS fix today.  My Noleen J6 crosslink shock came in.  Pretty little thing but doesn't have the Noleen decal on it.  I'll survive somehow to be sure.  The Festivus craziness is upon us so it will be a while before things sort out and I actually bolt it on.  Have to get the new construction loan papers signed, house destroyed, another rented and the new one built.  On the happy face side.....my shop out back will continue to amuse me uninturrupted.  My wife gets to light the pile for the final burn on the house after the fire dept is through with the instructional burns inside.  Woohoo, gotta remember the marshmallows!
856 Beast 1
856 Beast 2
856 Animal (small)
856 frame set
Bianchi 748 fix
Hiep Duc 69
Pro Patria

stangman675

• Novice
« Reply #1000 on: December 18, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

The loose smart shock is blown.  It looks to me like it is a rear mount anyway since the mounts are smaller than the one mounted on the fork.  The fork was what I really wanted, the rest is just gravy.

While we're on the subject, has anyone rebuilt a smart shock?  I see that a rebuild kit can be purchased on ebay but I'm not sure if it is something that I can do or not.

w2zero

• Master
« Reply #1001 on: December 20, 2010, 10:07:48 am »
All I could see in the parts kit was seals, wipers, o-rings and such.  Appears that the shock is all you rebuild, the smart part either works or doesn't .  I am going to disassemble a Noleen shock with the 8mm shaft for giggles to learn to maintain my others.  A press or fixture to contain the internal pressure while disassembling would be a good thing.  I figure I can use my drill press to depress the end of the shock to remove the circlip and go from there.  Gotta be easier than tweaking the valve body in a transmission.
856 Beast 1
856 Beast 2
856 Animal (small)
856 frame set
Bianchi 748 fix
Hiep Duc 69
Pro Patria

stangman675

• Novice
« Reply #1002 on: December 23, 2010, 10:29:57 pm »
The brain seems to work.  It turns on and can be switched between settings.  The shock itself just has no compression dampening.  I'm just not sure how to disassemble the shock.  Also, if it is under pressure, would the shock need to be sent out after being reassembled to be recharged? 

stacsin

• Novice
« Reply #1003 on: December 24, 2010, 07:50:57 am »
Thanks for the links!  A have the newer cone style rear strut on the bike now.   It is good to see that there are some options. 
Hello everyone! I'm new and can't figure out how to post a new message. So i'm replying to this one, sorry it is off the topic. I have a 956 pro flex world cup design in great shape except for the elastomers. I'm considering selling or rebuilding, i live in Phoenix az and would like to consult someone who is more knowledgeable on this bike. Please   
contact me, ssime2@cox.net if you have any advice. Thank you and have a great day!

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #1004 on: December 24, 2010, 12:24:28 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm new and can't figure out how to post a new message. So i'm replying to this one, sorry it is off the topic. I have a 956 pro flex world cup design in great shape except for the elastomers. I'm considering selling or rebuilding, i live in Phoenix az and would like to consult someone who is more knowledgeable on this bike. Please   
contact me, ssime2@cox.net if you have any advice. Thank you and have a great day!

Welcome Stacsin.

To start a new topic, look towards the top of the posts on the forum posts page. There is the page numbers to the left, and Icons to the right. If you drag your arrow over the one second to right, it should describe itself as "Start new topic". Click on it.

As far as elastomers, there is a company called Progressive suspension. The sell clear amber polyurethane springs. Sometimes they list on ebay too.  Or Risse Racing makes airshock for them, but the Genesis model can cost you a couple of hundred dollars ea.

Anyway, good luck,
Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS