Forum > Tech Forum

How long (and who,how,when, and why)have you ridden Pro-Flex/K2?

<< < (44/45) > >>

Rederz:
Had k2 and proflex for years now, mainly 13 yrs and unfortunately I have the enviable task of deciding which bike to ride on which weekend. Got my first xp6 for my 16 birthday as my stepfather would Jed at leisure lakes at the time and suppose I haven't looked back. Went I. To then get an xpx with carbon 3 spoke spin wheels, upgraded to xtr everything. To then getting a k2 ozx and anouther set of spins with disc mounts.
Never looked back since and still looking at new additions on eBay when the good ones surface 😊😊

Spokes:
You had a man on the inside, that's not fair!  ;) Have you posted photos yet of your bikes as they sound great.

Chris

Colin:
Spins with Discs,,, hmmmmmmmm ....very jealous................I just have the mere rim brake versions..... which will break and kill me ,yes I know!, stop pestering me on this! <GRIN>

Welcome Rederz! Any more stories from Lesiure Lakes?

Col.

piko4566:

I started out in MTB back in 1987 on a cheap Raleigh Stratos from a mail order catalogue. It lasted three rides before the front wheel buckled. Thankfully it was stolen from outside a high street store. However the bug had bitten and I was ready for a proper bike. I purchased a Kona Hahanna which I loved. I rode it all over the country and even in France and even a few xc races. I then got to looking at full-sussers around the early 90's and was quite interested in the Proflex Attack but just wasn't very sure about the elastomer shocks and so plumped instead for a Marin Rift-Zone which served me well until the rear shock gave out during a race and spat oil over my calves. By then (1997), my local bike shop had started stocking Proflex bikes and had a nice white & red 757 available. One test ride and I was smitten. I have had it ever since and been everywhere on it. The South Downs, North Downs, Forest of Dean, Isle Of Wight etc. I love it. I have since bought a K2 2000 from Poland and an Animal frame and forks which I am currently building up. I still love the looks of acknowledgment and respect I get whenever I roll up at any trail centre.

Spokes:
Cool story. Respect to you sir. I have a 757 frame set hidden away. I always loved the colour scheme of the red/white.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version