Forum > Tech Forum

How long (and who,how,when, and why)have you ridden Pro-Flex/K2?

<< < (45/45)

Kez0013:
I'm new to this forum but old irl.

Been mountain biking since 1987, firstly a Raleigh Mustang which I traded for a GT Timberline however when that was nicked got my first Proflex a 453 which I think was in 1994. That was stolen 1997 and I got a Reptile with the insurance money and I still have the frame and bars albeit the forks went to a custom build 3 seater mountain bike and the rest got used on other projects.

Moved onto other brands but always riding off-road and often with the local Dorset club so New Forest, Purbecks, etc., plus when I visit my folks Ashton Court in Bristol and Whinlatter Cumbria.

Have spoken to folk about old bikes, found the frame for the Reptile (and a Santa Cruz) in the loft, felt nostalgic, found Retrobike and the shared fun of riding old school bikes which has lead to me buying several retros including a 757 and 2 856's from which I hope to make 1 really nice one and sell on the others either whole or as bits. I will probably use the Reptile bars (still with the original gripshift) and X-Lite bar ends, plus my favourite old X-Lite saddles and M545 pedals which I use on all my bikes. I'm not a fan of v-brakes so will probably stick a set of period Magura rim brakes on. Really looking forward to that first ride and getting that Proflex feeling back.

I'm sure I'll be looking for advice and parts to buy and sell especially on the suspension side.

deadprez1411:
Hi

I live in Thurso very far North of Scotland, got two Proflex's 5000 and 5500 Carbon just took the 5000 to Aviemore as 5500 is having parts made for rear disc converter, but the 5000 did brilliant on the trails, still loving both bikes, they still ride amazing, looking to take them both to switzerland to use,

cheers

Paul 

Spokes:
Welcome all. Nice to see new people with cool bikes goining on here.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version