Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 10:55:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6
6 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Pivot of DOOM! Help?  (Read 10684 times)

skoddy

• Novice
  • I'll be there with pants on!
Re: Pivot of DOOM! Help?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 12:18:40 pm »
SWEET!

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 01:04:28 pm »
`IMPORTANT UPDATE`  look what ive got  ;)

ive got about a dozen of them, i only asked him for a couple  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 01:07:57 pm by jeffhop »
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

skoddy

• Novice
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 08:17:54 pm »
That's the prettiest picture I've seen since the last picture you posted!  Pretty incredible thing to do, Jeff.  I don't know what the 'karma' points on this site are for, but I nominate you for ALL of them! 
   So there it is, all.  I'll read up on how to install all those pretty (imported/re-imported....fancy!) parts and I'll let you know how it goes.  Wish me luck!

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2008, 07:55:01 am »
That's the prettiest picture I've seen since the last picture you posted!  Pretty incredible thing to do, Jeff.  I don't know what the 'karma' points on this site are for, but I nominate you for ALL of them! 
   So there it is, all.  I'll read up on how to install all those pretty (imported/re-imported....fancy!) parts and I'll let you know how it goes.  Wish me luck!
The suspense is killing me!  8)
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 02:30:23 am »
ok, its all been posted and hopefully should be with you shortly(ish) dont worry about reimbursing me for the postage as it was a ridiculously small amount. when you get everything put together post some pics and show it off.

skoddy

• Novice
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 07:06:10 pm »
It's here!! It's here!!  I want to dive in and put the pieces in their new home, but I don't think I'll have enough time until after the weekend :'(
  Big thanks to all you guys! Mega kudos to Terry for the drawing and advice, and my firstborn child to Jeff.  No, really, Jeff....It's the least I can do ;)
 Wish me luck on the install! 

-Scott-

skoddy

• Novice
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 08:40:34 pm »
ok, ok...I couldn't contain myself.  I've got greasy hands.  I think I got it figured, but one question....the rubber o-rings.  Terry...I just read your thoughts in another thread regarding the cross-bolt and tightening it:  "The way I do it is to pinch the opposite bearing until the cup won't spin, and then wrench it as tight as you possibly can. Then loosen the pinch bolt and work the swingarm drop."
  So before I even get my cross-bolt tight, the rubber o-rings are squeezing out.  How do you get them to stay put while still having the cross-bolt tight enough?

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »
So before I even get my cross-bolt tight, the rubber o-rings are squeezing out.  How do you get them to stay put while still having the cross-bolt tight enough?
Hmmm, I never looked. But they always were in the right place when I was done.

Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
McMahon FS

skoddy

• Novice
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 09:57:56 pm »
Are they supposed to compress and squish out a bit maybe?  Huh.

I've also got the same issue as the fellow in the other thread.  With the cross-bolt tight, the swing arm slowly falls under it's own weight (plus rear der. still mounted)
So just about any tightening of the pinch bolts causes it to not fall at all.  Maybe it's time for me to learn about torque specs and buy a t-wrench. 
  Sure looks cool though! hahaha   Everything fit just right, Jeff.  Almost as if....it belongs there :D
 I was chuckling inside thinking about the "carbon footprint" of these parts in my carbon frame.  Maybe they were made in Asia, shipped to the US where they were assembled into Jeff's bike, sent to Jeff, ridden around the UK, then sent back to Wa.  Man...I better go plants some trees or something ;D

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2008, 07:49:21 am »
whoa that was quick, ive had items sent from other parts of the uk that have taken longer, glad they arrived in one piece, get a pic posted as soon as its back together and dirty  ;).  enjoy!  :)

skoddy

• Novice
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:45 pm »
Hey guys!   I got out for my first ride on the bike yesterday!  Everything seems to work great, and I can notice a distinct difference in the lack of rear end slop. It's got a tighter feel back there then ever-- and that's a great thing.  It's a bit more confidence inspiring in turns at speed, to say the least!  Next issue will be to bug you kind fellows for any fork recommendations, as the one that's on there doesn't do much more than hold my wheel.  It feels the same at any air pressure, and it's chintzy rebound adjustment is worthless.  It's boing-boing all the way.  From what I've read about this fork it's not worth rebuilding.  I'll take the liberty of starting a new thread about all that though ;)
   So, Jeff....no action shots or anything too great, as it was a bit dark and wet yesterday evening.  I'll do my best to teach whomever I'm riding with how to take a decent picture next time though! 
  I did stumble upon a monument constructed in honor of all of you.  Check it ouuuuuuuuut 8)

Thanks again to all of you!  Ride on!!

Monument to all of you!!

Before

After!!

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 03:42:34 am »
that seat bag could double as a rear fender!..stealth lookig OZ...Any modern 4-5 inch fork would be cool...wait for a bargain/clearance....
kiwi proflex rider

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2008, 08:32:12 am »
Very Nice Scott!

Happy riding!
Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
McMahon FS

jeffhop

• Guru
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 07:36:05 am »
ahhhh looking good there scott, glad i could help a fellow oz pilot.