Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:02:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162
162 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!  (Read 353032 times)

DugB

• Master
Re: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« Reply #720 on: December 16, 2009, 12:35:40 pm »
Hello all,

I thought of something else I'd like to find:

- a spare 957/857 strut "fork"...this is the part that connects the ODS unit to the rear swingarm

Anyone have a spare laying around? I'm hoping to find one in nice condition so I can have it polished

Thanks!
- Doug

5500c
956 LE (thanks, Terry!)
955 (small, for my wife)
Cannondale SuperVs
'62 Puch 250 SGS
'67 BMW R60/2
'52 BMW R67/2
a very understanding wife

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #721 on: December 16, 2009, 04:10:40 pm »
You mean the cone end with the seration?

Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

DugB

• Master
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2009, 05:23:15 pm »
Errr...you know, the "strut" :-)
5500c
956 LE (thanks, Terry!)
955 (small, for my wife)
Cannondale SuperVs
'62 Puch 250 SGS
'67 BMW R60/2
'52 BMW R67/2

antmav

• Novice
« Reply #723 on: December 16, 2009, 07:34:40 pm »
I recently came across a Proflex 854 that is in need of new elastomers. The frame is a size 14.5. For some reason there were no spacer (the thing that sat between the two elastomers) on either the front or the rear when I removed the melted yellow elastomers from the bike. In the rear, there was a grooved screw on cap that went on closest to the seat and then just a bottom 'curved' cap. Up front on the Girvin, there also wasn't a spacer collar, just two caps. I couldn't tell because there was just one piece of yellow melted goop, but it looked like there was only one elastomer up front and one in the back.

I remember reading a post a while back on the K2 Proflex rider board about some of the older smaller frames having a 'short stack', meaning only one elastomer up front and in the rear.

I will need a 64mm up front and a 64mm in the rear.

Also, does anyone have (or know where I can find), the little 12-15mm black washer that fits underneath the tensioning bolt below the rear elastomer. The washer looks trashed and it looks to be somewhere in the 12-15mm range. The washer seems much softer than the actual elastomers.

I'd love to get this bike going again.  I have an email into RDS.  Any help would be appreciatiated.

Thanks,
Anthony
Proflex 856- Brand New, never ridden
Proflex 656- Converted to Singlespeed
Two Proflex 854's (one singlespeed)
Gary Fisher Rig 29'er Singlespeed
Jamis XAM
Sinister R9-Downhill rig
Sinister DNA

Akagi

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #724 on: December 20, 2009, 09:16:14 pm »
Spacer and old stock elastomers on american ebay right now.

Vexableman

• Novice
  • Vexableman where are you?
Elastomer Spacers.
« Reply #725 on: December 21, 2009, 10:10:32 am »
I have two of them from my old 854 sitting right in front of me.  let me know if you want them. 
jgozola@gmail.com
Vexableman

willem

• Journeyman
  • Watch this... aaaagh!
« Reply #726 on: December 28, 2009, 06:27:02 pm »
Hey folks... I've got an 856 frame up for sale. It's a Big size with the sealed bearing pivot conversion. I stripped the frame a few years ago and powder coated it in white.
I can sell the frame only or include as many of the parts as you like.
Special pricing for you guys on the forum... send a note if you're interested.

Here's the Craigslist posting:
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/bik/1528341259.html

Cheers guys!
Will
856 Custom with discs and 'Zoke Flylight
Giant Trance 2
Single Speed Homemade Custom Freakbike

DugB

• Master
« Reply #727 on: December 29, 2009, 01:17:08 pm »
Hello all,

It's a stretch, but I figure it never hurts to ask...I'm currently looking for a few items:

- a 110/74 BCD spider for a Cook Brothers RSR crankset. The kind I'm looking for is the type that does NOT cause one of the arms to be directly behind the drive-side crank arm.

- Paul C-Clamp: enables handlebar mounting of a C-cell MagLite

- Proshift Front Mech/Derailleur: I do not need it to have the top-pull linkage. I want to use it on a bike with bottom-pull and a 31.8 seat tube. Silver anno preferred.

- 857/957 rear strut

I have lots of vintage goodies and/or cash to offer...let me know...thanks!

- Doug
5500c
956 LE (thanks, Terry!)
955 (small, for my wife)
Cannondale SuperVs
'62 Puch 250 SGS
'67 BMW R60/2
'52 BMW R67/2

Proflexman

• Journeyman
« Reply #728 on: January 04, 2010, 07:38:32 am »
Looking for carbon swinger please in any country.

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #729 on: January 04, 2010, 11:24:05 am »
Looking for carbon swinger please in any country.
Would that be Evo or x57?
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

Brycer1968

• Novice
Magura HS33 rim brakes, Olympia, limited edition and other new/used HS22 + HS33
« Reply #730 on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:49 am »
New Magura HS33 Olympia limited edition brakes and loads of other NOS Maggie rim brakes too.

I’m sorting through a large lot of new old stock (NOS) Magura rim brake parts I picked up recently. The pictures show just a portion of the NOS stuff I picked up.
I started putting them together into sets. Lots of colors from day-glo yellow to red to booring old silver and black. Comes with new black brake pads, brake line length and crossover lengths of your choice and I bleed and test them before I ship so they will be ready to mount on your bike right out of the box.

Ok, so I know I'm new to this forum and you don't know me.  I'm not even a proflex owner - in fact I started selling these brakes to unicyclists on unicyclist community.  I've also sold lots of Maggie brakes to proflex owners over the years on e-bay and I figured that I'd post this latest lot of NOS rim brakes here too.

PRICES (for new HS33’s assembled from all new/NOS parts):
2004 HS33 Olympia limited edition brake, three of these with pimpin’ gold lever blades: $100 per wheel
2004 HS33 Red, silver, yellow, black and blue levers with matching cylinders: $95 per wheel
2005 HS33 black and silver newer style levers with matching wheel cylinders: $95 per wheel
2004 HS33 levers with choice of new, but non-matching wheel cylinders: $90 per wheel. Mix and match what ever color combination you want.

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING:
Paypal works best for me, but money orders are also ok. My paypal address is: uniflasher@hotmail.com. Shipping will be $5 for USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US (2-3 days) and $10 for first class shipping to Canada (7-9 days). I ship the day after I receive funds.

BRAKE LINE LENGTH:
I'll set up your brake with whatever length of brake line you want from 18" on up to 50" or more.

BLEEDING / TESTING:
I flush and bleed all brakes with fresh Magura blue blood before I test, pack and ship your brake. Bleeding hydraulic brakes is messy and no fun - and so you won’t have to deal with fluid leaks, after I assemble and bleed them with fresh Magura blue blood, I test them all for leaks by putting the wheel cylinders into a custom test jig that I made. There, I’ll cycle the brake pistons under full power to check for proper function and leaks without having to bolt them up to a bike/unicycle frame.

MORE BRAKES AND PARTS:
E-mail me if you want something different or digital pictures of something in particular. I have a great selection of less expensive nice used HS33 and HS22 brakes and parts . I also have about 25 sets of new and used boosters, mounts for canti/v-brake -studs and hardware so let me know if you need something.

Cheers,
Brycer1968
503-358-2252
uniflasher@hotmail.com

Ode

• Novice
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2010, 03:16:16 pm »
Anybody got any spare washers like these - they are the curved ones that sit around the ODS:

If you haven't located any of those washers yet (called "seals" in the parts sheet?), maybe I can help. I have 3 different pairs of versions of this part (actually 4, but only a single example of that 4th one), based on hole size and profile of the face opposite the concave shock mating surface. The ones in the image look to be slightly conical or domed on the outside face, not recessed. Hole size for the "conical" items I have is about 3/8" or 1/2" ID, and I'm guessing you need 3/8" for that ODS unit.  Most of what I have appears to be NOS. (I'm in the USA)

Ode

WD Pro

• Apprentice
« Reply #732 on: January 15, 2010, 03:33:25 pm »
I would like some :) but will stand in line for the above who asked first, let me know :)

WD :)

keith

• Apprentice
  • slow down its not a race
« Reply #733 on: January 16, 2010, 02:12:08 pm »
Anybody got any spare washers like these - they are the curved ones that sit around the ODS:

Are the fittings from a rear road brake not similar to these?

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #734 on: January 17, 2010, 10:53:44 am »
possibly though I suspect they'd be too small. Managed to source some anyway thanks to Willie_b
'95 855
'91 Diamond Back Topanga (project: 1st MTB)
'06 Surly Karate Monkey 29er
Custom built Edelbikes 29er #1104