Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 01:24:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50
50 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Anyone know the weight of an Evo frame?  (Read 4468 times)

Scott

• Master
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Anyone know the weight of an Evo frame?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 03:04:28 pm »
That's it exactly, Nigel!  Now what's so different about either your shock or installation process that allowed the Fox to clear?  We'd all like to avoid filng a plate even though they remain strong enough after the mod.

Thanks
Scott
Scott
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
K2 Oz
K2 5000
Extralite F1 (sub 20lb FS)
Trek 1000 road

proflexGB

• Novice
  • Back in Blighty
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2003, 05:41:35 am »
Hi Scott, it's the basic Float without the lockout, so the valve can face away from the seat tube. I think the mounting plates at the top are different on the 5500, the hole is closer to the edge of the plates than on my EVO, so the shock will fit the other way up.

I havn't tried it on the EVO frame yet.
Nigel .....

Two Proflex K2 5500 's, FOX Floats 100 and 80 up front, SID RACE and Float Talas rears, Spinergys, XTR, CT2s, B4 SLs, ti bolts, Next LP cranks, Ti Eggbeaters......

Andy

• Novice
    • My K2
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2003, 12:44:00 am »
Scott,

to answer your question:  

"If you're looking to mount a Fox air and you need to dismount the shock to add air, why not set the shock up with some type of low profile or flush mount schraeder valve and avoid filing the lower mount all together?  I do remember, Andy, you said some engineers at work thought the mount was not compromised by the filing"

Just laziness, I guess. Actually, once I get the correct preasure(which seems to be equal to my body weight for a nice plush ride), I just leave it. I have not had any noticable loss of air, In fact, I don't even take a shock pump with me every time I ride (I know I probably should).

I'm actually going to put my Vanilla RC back on for a while since I have been hitting bigger jumps, and don't want to trash this shock.