Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 02:26:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62
62 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Rear spring wizard  (Read 2244 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Rear spring wizard
« on: June 16, 2003, 10:05:57 am »
Thinking of changing your rear shock spring but not sure of the correct sping rate, try www.mojo.co.uk and click on spring wizard, make sure you know your bikes travel, shock travel and your riding weight, put this in the spring wizard calculator and you will be informed of your bikes leverage ratio and recommended spring rate, simple. Simon. [smiley=laughing.gif]
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

RED5

• Apprentice
    • ROCKGARDN
Sorry too easy...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 04:50:07 pm »
problem is that trhe wizard you speak of, which I have had dealings with, doesn't take under account the bike suspension type ie: Falling rate, Straight rate, Rising, Linear, Progressive....etc. So it may not be all that accurate. Best bet, call the mfg. and work based off their suggestions.

It's a beautiful theory though.
RED5

ROCKGARDN
Armour-Induced Courage

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Rear spring wizard
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 06:04:05 am »
I  know what you mean but it does give you a good starting point and the correct sag should be easily obtainable, funny enough I put in my bike details etc and the result came out as the same rate as I'm using, which also is the one that was  recommended for me by the bike manufacturer.Simon. [smiley=nod.gif]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 06:09:09 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,