Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 12:13:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43
43 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Galleries online... maybe.  (Read 7983 times)

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
Galleries online... maybe.
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:12:58 pm »
Refresh your page (CTRL-F5 on most computers / browsers) and click the Galleries link on the top left.  Or just click this link: http://idriders.com/proflex/coppermine

You may have to logout of the forum and log back in. 

Try uploading a picture.  If you have a bunch of pictures in the old galleries, try uploading one new one, and then post here, I'll see if I can mass upload your old pictures.  Not sure if I can get away with that yet or not...

If it works well enough, I'll start trying to get the gallery theme to match as well.
Blair's Observation: The best laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.

Colin

• Guru
  • in a village near Northampton, UK
Re: Galleries online... maybe.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 03:23:21 pm »
Maybe......................................??????

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! well done GrimJack!

I have uploaded some piccies!

Yes, had to log off and then back on again and there doesn't seem to be a link back from the gallery, but well done!

Cheers!
Col.
2001 OzM
2000 OzX
1999 x500
1999 900 Frame
1998 4000se
1998 4000
1997 957 Frame
1997 857 Frames
1997 XP-X (856)
1995/6 x55/x56 Frame
1992 962 Frame
1991 Marin Pine Mountain with a Flex Stem

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:42:51 pm »
Awesome!  Glad to see something going according to plan, anyway!

I haven't bothered putting up a return link yet, I wasn't sure it would work at all.  I'm still not sure, actually, I need to be able to move all the old member galleries in and mass import them somehow before I'll be convinced.

What are the chances that you used to have a gallery on the old system?  Are you the guy that had these galleries?
- 4000se
- 5500c
- Other Bikes & Stuff
- Pro~Flex XP-X
- XP-X
Blair's Observation: The best laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.

RhinoDave

• Apprentice
  • Built for comfort...not speed!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:51 pm »
I think I've got it figured out. You have to create a new album in your gallery before uploading pictures.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:41:11 pm by RhinoDave »
"Never waste a downhill"

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 08:52:22 pm »
had to log out then back in before i could make any sense of how it worked,there were no upload buttons otr anything....noew there are too many!!!!Have to dig up or take some more pics of the ol 756..
I am a little dim....it says I have a gallery...i go to upload a pic,and it says i have no album...i go to crate/sort album and then i dont have permission(this is user mode Dave)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:08:51 pm by kiwi »
kiwi proflex rider

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:54:52 pm »
had to log out then back in before i could make any sense of how it worked,there were no upload buttons otr anything....noew there are too many!!!!Have to dig up or take some more pics of the ol 756..
I am a little dim....it says I have a gallery...i go to upload a pic,and it says i have no album...i go to crate/sort album and then i dont have permission(this is user mode Dave)
You will be seeing all the admin options, because you are listed as an admin.  User mode will hide most of them.

You're doing better than me, I can't even find the create album option!!!

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 02:58:50 am »
me neither..i saw the create album option when i logged in as Douglas....the option is there soewhere for the admin cause i saw the same box pop up!,but not in user option(i dont think!)
kiwi proflex rider

Colin

• Guru
  • in a village near Northampton, UK
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:06:26 am »
Awesome!  Glad to see something going according to plan, anyway!

I haven't bothered putting up a return link yet, I wasn't sure it would work at all.  I'm still not sure, actually, I need to be able to move all the old member galleries in and mass import them somehow before I'll be convinced.

What are the chances that you used to have a gallery on the old system?  Are you the guy that had these galleries?
- 4000se
- 5500c
- Other Bikes & Stuff
- Pro~Flex XP-X
- XP-X

Yep! That's Me !!!!

I created the albums but we lost it before I could upload anything.

On another note, I registered as "SimmonC2"  but would rather be known as simply "Colin"
Any chance you can change my ID? Or does it mean de-registering me and starting again.............?

Cheers
Col.
2001 OzM
2000 OzX
1999 x500
1999 900 Frame
1998 4000se
1998 4000
1997 957 Frame
1997 857 Frames
1997 XP-X (856)
1995/6 x55/x56 Frame
1992 962 Frame
1991 Marin Pine Mountain with a Flex Stem

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 10:14:54 am »
Glad to know I'm not completely blind yet, kiwi. :)

Colin, looks like you've already changed your display name, getting more than that would require you to re-register from scratch.

Some bad news on the Gallery front... it appears that administrators cannot add files to users galleries, in either batch mode or individual uploads.  Meaning, I can't import the old photos. :(  I can, however, give you a link to your old gallery, where you can download your old pics and then resubmit them.  Bit of a complicated workaround, I'm afraid.

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 06:51:12 pm »
Colin, looks like you've already changed your display name, getting more than that would require you to re-register from scratch.
Actually Dave i think we CAN ghange his user name....if you go to members in the admin sectionthen account related.... you have the option to change his user name,you get a message saying the password will be reset and emailed to him.If that doesnt work Colin you can reregister as Colin and we can alter your post count to match the old one(take a note of it before you ask us to change you!,but of course you wont be able to track your old posts etc....or is Daves suggestion ok ie your user name is Simmons c2(or whatever) but the name everyone sees is Colin??
kiwi proflex rider

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 06:54:04 am »
well . . . . . .  I LIKE IT ! ! !  and appreciate all your guyzes dedication to the sport and us.

(kiwi, man this has come a long way from the original postings on the old k2 site, getting shut down, u 'n me emailing back and forth with saved email addresses then these internet wizards taking over and now we almost look like we know what we are doing!)

why is my karma so low? - i thought i was doing pretty well

OP
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:05:02 am by Old Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 03:10:30 pm »
well . . . . . .  I LIKE IT ! ! !  and appreciate all your guyzes dedication to the sport and us.

(kiwi, man this has come a long way from the original postings on the old k2 site, getting shut down, u 'n me emailing back and forth with saved email addresses then these internet wizards taking over and now we almost look like we know what we are doing!)

why is my karma so low? - i thought i was doing pretty well

OP
i was thinking about "our history" when we swapped over.If memory serves me correctly we had a yahoo group for a while after the k2 site closed correct?Then we went to the first version of daves site,then the second and now this one????.
I dont know the rules of Karma but i figure you got some coming......
kiwi proflex rider

whisperdancer

• Master
  • Unusual 957...
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 03:30:33 pm »
Well, they seem to work just fine.
I put 4 photos to test, and the gallery system is very easy...
I wish all the previous photos were here too. They are a valuable record for modifications and solutions...
Proflex '97 Animal with Carbon Swingarm & Crosslink Carbon fork
K2 1000 frame, Carbon Swingarm,Crosslink Carbon CS being worked to be a 957
Yeti ASR 5

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »
Dave doesnt think we(thats Him and me ,as Administrators) can bring them over.But they are still here.If you had some pics there perhaps you can download them back to your computer and then upload them again...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:47:52 pm by kiwi »
kiwi proflex rider

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 05:54:13 pm »
There were two sites between the official Proflex one and me - the Yahoo group and another one, hosted for free somehow, that quickly became infested with ads that drove us all nuts.

There have been 3 different pieces of software here since - so we are looking at 6 generations at least so far!