Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 03:28:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31
31 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: clould 9  (Read 4814 times)

happwolf

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
clould 9
« on: December 26, 2007, 07:49:57 am »
Hi all,
I'm a newbe and was wondering if any of you had any experience with a clould 9 on a Oz 5000.

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: clould 9
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 08:59:47 am »
Welcome Happwolf.

The only guy I know of that worked with a cloud nine was Frankd3000. But he put in on his strut bike.

I have spoken to Cane Creek in regard to mounting one on my Oz, but they said that it could not take the leverage imposed by the geometry. They did not offer the correct length also. So I went with a different air shock for my Oz.

Posts some pics of your bike. We would love to see it.
Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

happwolf

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 09:55:55 am »
shovelon thank's for the info,i will post some pic's soon.

happwolf

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:34:56 am »
I had a astro 5 on my 1999 Oz until it needed to be rebuilt,but since risse racing customer service never got back to me i decided to try out another shock,just for the heck of it.I wasn't too impressed with the ride of the astro.
 Im a weight weannie so i didn't really care too much.Now i kept reading how reviewer's were saying how plush the cloud 9 was but since cane creek didn't make them for the Oz due to the higher leverage ratios.Which i found out that the shock's adjustments rebound and compression can't over come the high leverage,but since i weight about 145 to 150 depending on the season i figured hell i'll give it a shot.
 All i can say is this is the plush ride i've dreamed of but never had with the astro 5.The only problem i had was due to the mounting angle is i can't activate the simi lock out,but i really don't need it.I tryed to post some pictures but couldn't figure it out.
This is like riding a brand new bike the best money i invested in a long time.I'll try to get help on posting the pic later.

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:34:16 pm »
the pic either needs to be on the web somewhere or you can have up to 128 kb as an attachemnet,The attachment function may be hidden under the "additional options link"Its pretty straightforward once you start that..you my have to resize the pic first
kiwi proflex rider

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:06:41 am »
I had a astro 5 on my 1999 Oz until it needed to be rebuilt,but since risse racing customer service never got back to me i decided to try out another shock,just for the heck of it.I wasn't too impressed with the ride of the astro.
 Im a weight weannie so i didn't really care too much.Now i kept reading how reviewer's were saying how plush the cloud 9 was but since cane creek didn't make them for the Oz due to the higher leverage ratios.Which i found out that the shock's adjustments rebound and compression can't over come the high leverage,but since i weight about 145 to 150 depending on the season i figured hell i'll give it a shot.
 All i can say is this is the plush ride i've dreamed of but never had with the astro 5.The only problem i had was due to the mounting angle is i can't activate the simi lock out,but i really don't need it.I tryed to post some pictures but couldn't figure it out.
This is like riding a brand new bike the best money i invested in a long time.I'll try to get help on posting the pic later.

How long have you been running the cloud9 on the Oz ???
I can't see how it can last long on an Oz,the Oz creates a lot of lateral stress at the shock mounting area thats why its best to use
a coil over shock or an air shock with a large shaft and a large bearing surface area.

Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:29:54 pm »

So what i2i did you end up with? Were you able to order direct from Cane Creek? A few years ago, they blew me off, but I was interested in the airsprung/airdamped route.

Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

happwolf

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 07:11:40 pm »
I been running the cloud 9 for about three weeks,but i do mostly slow climbs then decend at a safe pace. I don't do too many hard landings since there are alot of hikers and horse riders around.I bought the shock at Jenson usa, size 7.875x2.00,the bushing i also purchased were size 6x28.6 & 6.22.The shock fit right in with no hassle.I will keep you informed if i the shock should fall apart due to the stress load,but this thing looks way more beefier the the astro 5 by far.
I will try and post those pic asap.