Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 03:24:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33
33 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Whats it worth ?  (Read 5908 times)

glader60

• Novice
Re: Whats it worth ?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 05:51:22 am »

Custom modified Evo aluminium s/arm (to stiffen rear end flex),custom s/arm sealed bearing conversion.
Also comes with a brand new carbon s/arm already modified to fit with the sealed bearings.
Owned from new,size large.
Simon.

I hope you were able to keep the needle bearings for the swing arm pivot. That has to be the best, most rigid designs ever for a swing arm pivot. Way more lateral stiffness than any ball bearing designs. Besides ball bearing are for spinning round and round or they'll wear out quick in one area. I've had the same set of needles bearings in my 4000 for since 1999 while other friends with ball bearing pivots couldn't get even go 2 years before extreme play in the pivot required new bearing.

The again, maybe you had to sacrifice the rigid pivot of the EVO frame if your carbon frame was not able to adapt to the EVO pivot type?

Regardless, you have a very rare bike that should bring at least $1000 to the right K2 buyer....
855 cracked frame warranties for 856 frame - Sold
1999 4000

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Whats it worth ?
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:28 am »

I hope you were able to keep the needle bearings for the swing arm pivot. That has to be the best, most rigid designs ever for a swing arm pivot. Way more lateral stiffness than any ball bearing designs. Besides ball bearing are for spinning round and round or they'll wear out quick in one area. I've had the same set of needles bearings in my 4000 for since 1999 while other friends with ball bearing pivots couldn't get even go 2 years before extreme play in the pivot required new bearing.

The again, maybe you had to sacrifice the rigid pivot of the EVO frame if your carbon frame was not able to adapt to the EVO pivot type?

Regardless, you have a very rare bike that should bring at least $1000 to the right K2 buyer....

No the evo s/arm is the same for the needle bearing system or the bush system.
The carbon frame can't run the same needle system as the evo.
Mine run on my owned designed 4 sealed precision bearing system that replaces the bush system,no more stiction.Been using this for around 4 years now.
Also converted my 856,plus other bikes 857,Oz.  
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,