Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 11:16:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Noleen DH lives on...  (Read 2220 times)

Prowler

• Apprentice
    • Jays FR MTB site
Noleen DH lives on...
« on: May 22, 2003, 12:57:26 pm »
Got this off another site. This guy completely refurbished his Nollen DH. Gets 7.5" travel, has Honda XL70 internals and he made a new upper crown with integrated stem. Pretty damn sweet!

Iron Horse SGS Expert DH/FR
Cheeta Prowler DH(RIP-broke it)
K2 EVO FR/Trail

Scott

• Master
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Noleen DH lives on...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 02:21:44 am »
That's a good looking setup-clean and "factory-like"
Scott
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
K2 Oz
K2 5000
Extralite F1 (sub 20lb FS)
Trek 1000 road

Peter_K2_Bike

• Novice
  • Broke Away.
    • Speedmetal Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 07:27:12 am »
Where'd you find that?  I know exactly whose fork that is, though last time I saw it he had it on a Yeti.  He's the Chubby DH's biggest fan.  I think he's got about four of them in his garage for various purposes.
Speedmetal Racing
Azonic*Bicycles West*Hayes*gohuckyourself.com*GRC*Maxxis*MRP*Pedro's*Sportworks*Sun/Ringlé*661

Prowler

• Apprentice
    • Jays FR MTB site
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 08:17:24 am »
Where'd you find that?  I know exactly whose fork that is, though last time I saw it he had it on a Yeti.  He's the Chubby DH's biggest fan.  I think he's got about four of them in his garage for various purposes.

Ha, I new if anybody replied it would be you Peter. Not too many others on this board that appreciate something like that. I would love to have that fork on one of my bikes. Did you notice the arch is in the front too? Was that a part that could be switched to work in front or behind or did he have to make his own to get it that way?

BTW, the pic came from the DH forum on ridemonkey. Theres a couple of more pics that shown the upper and lower crowns better.
Iron Horse SGS Expert DH/FR
Cheeta Prowler DH(RIP-broke it)
K2 EVO FR/Trail

Peter_K2_Bike

• Novice
  • Broke Away.
    • Speedmetal Racing
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 08:44:52 am »
The arch is clamped to the sliders, so it can be mounted front or rear.  There was also a higher arch that could be used when mounting it on the front, for larger sized tires, as placing the arch in the front puts it over the higher part of the wheel.  There are still a ton of those forks around.  I was never able to valve mine to where I was satisfied with it (not like my Dorado).  That guy in Colorado is nuts for the fork though, he won't ride anything else.
Speedmetal Racing
Azonic*Bicycles West*Hayes*gohuckyourself.com*GRC*Maxxis*MRP*Pedro's*Sportworks*Sun/Ringlé*661