Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 10:12:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
52 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: this is getting oLD!  (Read 5703 times)

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
this is getting oLD!
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:48:04 pm »
Over the last three or four days (or visits I dont remember which) i have deleted over 100 freeloaders.It pisses me off because instead of coming here to participate i feel i have to check for these  [smiley=diaper.gif]
I mean they dont post or anything,so apart from completely inflating our member numbers they dont seem to do any harm,or am I missing something.?
kiwi proflex rider

sammydog

• Master
    • Hunter Mountainbike Association
Re: this is getting oLD!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:16 pm »
If they aren't posting then it is better than a forum I moderatre/admin at.

We get a constant stream of spammers, and it really does get annoying deleting posts after a while.

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:01:37 pm »
I'll try to start posting more often - my bikes have been just hanging on the walll in the garage and I'm kind of embarassed.

I'll try to break something and complain about it -  hopefully not my neck

OP

hey - I used to be #7, how'd I get bumped to #8?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:02:31 pm by Old_Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 02:03:35 pm »
you are an eight now???

glad you still snoop. my bikes are gathering dust, too at the moment except for the trainer in the living room. my son holds a carrot out and I try to chase it, he never lets me catch it. I think the dog is smarter than I, now..

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 05:45:44 pm »
You got bumped because you were awol.  ;)....
No.you got bumped because dave somehow installed himself a test persona at no 2.which makes him no 1,I used to be No 1....now I am no 2
kiwi proflex rider

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
you are an eight now???

glad you still snoop. my bikes are gathering dust, too at the moment except for the trainer in the living room. my son holds a carrot out and I try to chase it, he never lets me catch it. I think the dog is smarter than I, now..

my road bike is actually getting some use..the next step is to get a new BB and maybe new cranks,chainwheels and get the ol 756 out,with the new crosslinks and risse....never really used the bike much after those upgrades....
I will post a photo at the top of the Belmont trig.
kiwi proflex rider

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 06:01:03 pm »
<smug> I use all my biikes all the time :-) <smug>
'95 855
'91 Diamond Back Topanga (project: 1st MTB)
'06 Surly Karate Monkey 29er
Custom built Edelbikes 29er #1104

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 01:26:17 am »
<smug> I use all my biikes all the time :-) <smug>

You must have cloned yourself.:-)
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 02:04:44 am »
Man, I used to be the number one poster here, but I was embarrassed by my "post-whore" image and swore I'd stop. That was a long time ago, and somehow I'm still number 3... Weird. Must...quit...thinking...about...bikes...ALL the time...
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 08:43:03 am »
`i am not a number , im a free man`.......sorry!
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

RhinoDave

• Apprentice
  • Built for comfort...not speed!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 08:49:27 am »
So what's the cut off number. I'm afraid I'm one of those that never has much to offer. I'm not much of an expert so I tend to keep quiet about various builds. Since I'm currently hibernating like a lot of Northerners, I'll try to post more and add my $.02. Just tell me to shut up if I get too annoying. Oh and I just picked up a Nixon to put on my Evo. With the six way swinger on the back it should be an interesting ride. I can't wait to try it on some technical downhill.
"Never waste a downhill"

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 12:52:25 pm »
I'm no expert either. Thankfully, Simon (a REAL expert) has joined the forum and taken the number one spot.

Let us know how the Nixon works out. I'm seriously considering getting one of those for my 5000. I like the idea of having 100-130mm (or even 145mm) of adjustable travel in a relatively lightweight fork. I'm having a hard time justifying replacing my trusty X-vert though. It was starting to feel a little loose lately (after being ridden for nearly 7 years!) so I switched the lowers with my wife's identical (but almost completely unused) X-vert. Voila! "New" fork for me! (And she'll never notice the difference). I've always been very happy with 4" of travel, but I'm starting to think that I'm ready to "upgrade" to more, now that I've started doing more aggressive drops. I still ride a lot of uphills though, so I wouldn't really want a fork that won't go down to 4".

Also considering the Minute forks. (I'm a big fan of Manitou, in case you couldn't tell). That might be the perfect mate for my Swinger 3-way air...
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jimbo

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »

Let us know how the Nixon works out. I'm seriously considering getting one of those for my 5000. I like the idea of having 100-130mm (or even 145mm) of adjustable travel in a relatively lightweight fork. I'm having a hard time justifying replacing my trusty X-vert though. It was starting to feel a little loose lately (after being ridden for nearly 7 years!) so I switched the lowers with my wife's identical (but almost completely unused) X-vert. Voila! "New" fork for me! (And she'll never notice the difference). I've always been very happy with 4" of travel, but I'm starting to think that I'm ready to "upgrade" to more, now that I've started doing more aggressive drops. I still ride a lot of uphills though, so I wouldn't really want a fork that won't go down to 4".

Also considering the Minute forks. (I'm a big fan of Manitou, in case you couldn't tell). That might be the perfect mate for my Swinger 3-way air...

Yeah I like Manitou forks too.   They so easy to work on. There's a guy on MTBR named Dougal whose like a Manitou guru.  These forks depending on the inards can be custom tuned by playing with the shims and stuff.  The  only bad thing is they don't keep parts for older forks.  I just order the rebound damper for my 2005 Sherman Breakout.  I'm getting the run around from my LBS that part is not in stock needs to be manufacturered or something.  I'm crossing my fingers that what they said is true.  In the mean time I scored a brand new Manitou Travis off of Ebay for $365.00.  If the part for the Sherman comes in then my plan is to reduce the travel from 7 inches to 5 inches and put it on my Prophet.  The instructions on how to do this is of course is from the DIY guys at MTBR.  

kiwi

• Guru
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 02:24:44 pm »
The number that OP and I refer to is the member number..matno is #23 etc
kiwi proflex rider

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 05:28:14 am »
The number that OP and I refer to is the member number..matno is #23 etc

Oh yeah. That's the order we registered on the site after Dave restarted it with the new format a few years back...