Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 03:25:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46
46 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Luck - good and bad...  (Read 2370 times)

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Luck - good and bad...
« on: August 02, 2005, 07:10:12 am »
Seems I've been having mixed luck lately...

First, I got a great deal on a new Swinger Air. 8)

Then, while riding my sister-in-law's 15" framed Trek 3400 hardtail with big knobby tires (so small that my knees practically hit the handlebars AND my chest while seated!), I caught and passed a roadie on one of those brand new Seven Cycles carbon/titanium frames with full Dura Ace! For about 3 miles, he kept looking over his shoulder to see if I was getting closer, then he'd stand up and try to sprint away from me. What can I say? I've been doing a lot of road riding lately... I was tempted to say something smug about his "nice bike" as I passed, but I'm really too nice for that! [smiley=bomb.gif]

Then I crashed and hurt my shoulder   :o

But I finished the race! [smiley=coolfrown.gif]

Then I realized what a headache it is to get shock mounting kits for my Swinger  >:(

Today I found out that my shoulder may not be as bad as I thought. I finally got to see a "real" orthopaedist today, and he thinks it's a small fracture that didn't show up on x-ray. I'll have to wait a while to get an MRI, but in the meantime, the pain is getting better, and he seemed to think it would probably heal completely.  ;D

And finally (to end on a good note), I just got a call from my brother in law informing me that I will soon be the proud owner of an almost new set of Kyserium Elite wheels for my road bike! My wife is staying with him and his wife this week, and he talked her into "surprising" me with them. Only cost me $225 - not too shabby! The only hard part will be never letting my wife know that I told him to offer them to her so that I wouldn't have to beg for them...  ;)

Come to think of it, my wife being out of town means that I don't have to change any of these this week:  [smiley=diaper.gif]

Of course, it also means I won't be getting any of these:  :-*

Here's to hoping the good luck continues for all of us!  [smiley=beer.gif]  (That's a glass of root beer - I don't drink...)  ::)
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jinder

• Master
Re: Luck - good and bad...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 06:38:51 pm »
LOL    [smiley=laughing.gif]
Beast