Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 12:22:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17
17 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 857 for sale - UK  (Read 2426 times)

Sprucey

• Journeyman
857 for sale - UK
« on: June 11, 2005, 08:59:18 am »
Today I did a 50 mile half-distance Southdowns way training ride in preparation for the big one next w/e.

Met a guy called Bob who says he owns an 857 he wants to sell. I gave hime my card and will pass on this site's address for him to post next week.

Man, you meet some wierdos out on the trail - fancy meeting a Proflex rider!   ;)

(Ok, so I was riding one as well - what does that make me - answers on a postcard please to......)

Sprucey

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: 857 for sale - UK
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:54:34 am »
Hey Mark we were on the southdowns today (my son and I) did a 40 mile trek,came across a load of other riders doing the southdowns on a charity ride
for the Heart foundation,I thought that was the big
one you were doing???must of got that wrong then [smiley=laughing.gif]
I also came across someone not so weird,very curious
about my bike though,he thought he knew all the makes of bikes out there,mine had him stumped so he had to come and ask about it [smiley=nod.gif],
on another note just won the ebay auction for a 855
frameset (£47) very pleased,going to mod the s/arm for the 856 then convert the 855 to faux bar
when time allows.
Simon.

856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Sprucey

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:33:03 am »
HI Simon,

yep, that was the British Heart Foundation ride with about 500 riders. WE had a one of Tuesday night guys doing it - he completed in 13hours 17minutes and said it was the hardest thing he has ever done on a bike!

I am doing it next weekend with a group of 5 mates this coming Saturday. My aim is to finish and to raise some money for Cancer Research and a hospice in basingstoke.

We met many of the guys on the trail. The worrying thing was meeting them as we were on the way back home - they were still 10miles short of halfaway and really didn'#t stand a chance of finishing. I hope that's not me on Saturday.

Still waiting for my man to drill out the cone on my 855 strut - he's taking a long time to get around to it although I am still not ready to proceed with everything else - I guess that will happen when I get the modified strut back.

Been tring a 70mm stem on the Oz to tighten the steering - I went to extremes to see how it effected the handling - result was god but maybe just a little to tight. I am going to settle on 90mm.

Sprucey

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:54:25 am »
HI Simon,

yep, that was the British Heart Foundation ride with about 500 riders. WE had a one of Tuesday night guys doing it - he completed in 13hours 17minutes and said it was the hardest thing he has ever done on a bike!

I am doing it next weekend with a group of 5 mates this coming Saturday. My aim is to finish and to raise some money for Cancer Research and a hospice in basingstoke.

We met many of the guys on the trail. The worrying thing was meeting them as we were on the way back home - they were still 10miles short of halfaway and really didn'#t stand a chance of finishing. I hope that's not me on Saturday.

Still waiting for my man to drill out the cone on my 855 strut - he's taking a long time to get around to it although I am still not ready to proceed with everything else - I guess that will happen when I get the modified strut back.

Been tring a 70mm stem on the Oz to tighten the steering - I went to extremes to see how it effected the handling - result was god but maybe just a little to tight. I am going to settle on 90mm.

Sprucey

Yes I know what you mean,we saw loads still riding when we were on our way home,no way would they of made it,good luck with your upcoming ride,looks like the weather should be great for a change [smiley=laughing.gif]
Sam's been happy running a 100mm stem, I find it a little short for my long arms,I've settled for 110mm,
see you soon,Simon
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,