Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 05:23:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43
43 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Bloody typical  (Read 2189 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Bloody typical
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:38:26 am »
Bloody typical,
yesterday it rained (saturday)
Sunday Sam's (Mega-Oz) race day,lovely day, track conditions perfect (damn didn't bring my bike) not to worry I'll go out on it when we get home,Sam finishes a creditable 4th (Well done Son) [smiley=nod.gif].
Gets home and out I go with the promise I won't be long,still in the dog house after last weeks same promise but was gone 5 hours  :-[
Typical my local track hasn't dried out and is very slippery  >:( and to think I could of riden that race track that looked awesome  :(
anyway carried on till the finish and whats that I notice parked in the car park,a van with Marin written on it then another with Cannondale and another with Trek,must check it out.
WHAAAAAAAT I don't beleive it theirs the full range of Marin, Cannondale,Trek and GT MTB BIKES,
and you can TEST ride them and there's plenty of bikes to go round and workshop facilities so you can set them up and transfer your saddle,pedals etc over if you wish,
and thats my #*#^!~! dilema I've gotta go  >:(
anyway had a go on a XC F/S Marin 4" travel front and rear,Fox Forx,Fox propedal,VPP etc,didn't have time to set anything up except rear sag,
It wasn't bad but the forks ramped far to quick, the shock bobbed and rebound was too fast,nice stiff frame and s/arm, would of been nice to tried it properly setup,heavier than my bike,
worse still they had a couple of lightweight 6" (adjustable)travel freeride Whyte 46 bikes fitted with the Maverick USD FORKS   [smiley=depressed.gif] and I could of tried it,then there was all the other bikes I could of tried,I did moan to the guys there about the lack of advertising for the event,they did agree it could of been advertised better,
anyway had to go a promise is a promise.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
Re: Bloody typical
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 08:15:33 am »
Well Simon, I can certainly agree that it sucks (bloody sucks?  [smiley=laughing.gif] ) that you couldn't partake on such a devine opportunity. However, as you stated, a promise is a promise.

If I may.....

They say diamonds are a girls' best friend.

Did you know that flowers are a man's? (yes, contrary to the popular belief that this would be a dog - dog's are a single guys best friend)

[smiley=nod.gif] ;)
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery