Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 04:18:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24
24 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Value question...  (Read 2266 times)

Irby

• Apprentice
  • live to ride ride to live....(old dirtbike mantra)
Value question...
« on: March 19, 2005, 08:45:52 am »
I have a 1999 EVO bike that I want to post on ebay. It is used lightly (no jumping) and well cared for. The bike has a new RS Pilot fork, new cassette, new middle ring, new sram pc-99 chain. It comes with an excellent NR-2 shock as well as a new NR-1 with new bushings. Several rear springs included. It also includes a new (unopened) pivot kit and two new rear derailleur hanger (unopened) kits. The swing arm is the aluminum variety. Paint is excellent. What should I ask? Thanks, Dan Irby

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Value question...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:03:23 pm »
Cant help with the price Dan but dont forget to list  THE SIZE!
kiwi proflex rider

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 03:21:26 pm »
Well, I'd say your selling price might range anywhere from $400 - 1000 usd. But that's an optimistic high end. Probably somewhere in the middle is a realistic expectation. For some reason, K2's don't command very high resale prices. (Probably because they're not that pricey to begin with, then K2 drives the price of old models down by selling off their overstock to really cheap resellers like ediscountbike and Supergo). The Pilot fork is definitely a bonus.

For what it's worth, including an extra shock is just money down the drain. I don't think it will improve your selling price one bit, and you can sell that extra shock for more than you might think (usually).  

Some things I've learned about eBay: For some reason, auctions tend to do better that end on Sunday evenings. I guess that's when the most people are bidding. Also, longer auctions get seen by more people. (i.e. don't do a 3 or 5 day auction). Be sure to show lots of detailed photos. (Better to show and apologize for a minor defect than to try to hide it - it makes people think you're anal about taking care of your stuff! Plus it lets them know you're honest, which will make them more comfortable with buying from you). Make your description as detailed as possible (bulleted lists are better than long paragraphs).

Hope that helps!
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

Irby

• Apprentice
  • live to ride ride to live....(old dirtbike mantra)
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 09:20:32 am »
Thanks much for your kind input guys. I am selling this bike to finance a bike purchase for a person who can not afford a bike, but would benefit GREATLY from the experience  mountain bike riding provides both physically and mentally. It will be a fine surprise and I'll gain a new riding partner. Thanks again, Dan