Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 11:21:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54
54 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Newbie to Disk brakes.  (Read 3803 times)

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: Newbie to Disk brakes.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 03:31:45 pm »
Dennis,

I rode tonight and played with the ID cartridge.  I have gone to the 2 weight oil and the ride is reeeally smooth with barely noticing the inertia valve releasing. Problem is that the bobing has increased alot. There was always some anyway because of the bypass valve, but now there is alot. I am hoping to add a little more oil to stiffen things up, and then I quit.

High tire pressure did not make the valve react any faster but did make my Elvis-legs react faster. Lowering the pressure did seem to give the valve more time to release.

Overall the cartridge is really plush now and I like that. But I have to put up with the bobing. For the record, I would'nt buy it again unless it came with an overide feature.

Over and out, Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Newbie to Disk brakes.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 04:53:31 am »
Simon,

Would you do anything different to the rear seeing that it is taking more abuse?    

Like you my existing front wheel is virtualy trouble free also.

Terry

As it stands at the moment NO,if I started to have problems then I would reconsider,however thanks to Sprucey (pointing out a new trail) I'm now regularly tackling some large jumps around my local track,the wheels are holding up fine (so far).
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,