Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:16:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46
46 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Y this site is so great  (Read 2192 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Y this site is so great
« on: May 10, 2004, 10:03:00 am »
Just thought after recent events I had to praise (even more) this site,recently I decided to go for some VTO mega-air forks,2 pairs, 1 for me 1 for my son to go on his (yet to be built) Oz race bike, $99 start price on ebay,after conversion to sterling (UK)very cheap,but the sellers ediscountbike won't post to the UK :( I briefly mentioned this on a posting and got numerous offers of assistance,for this comes my gratefull thanks [smiley=nod.gif],but most goes to carbonangus [smiley=beer.gif] who not only bid for me but got 2 pairs at the miniumum price of $99.98 had them sent to his address checked them for leaks and rectifing 1,he also stripped 1 just to check they were VTO models he also had to change his paypal account to accomodate me,then forward them on to us,what a star ;D,I've lurked into other forums but nothing touches this for good friendly advice and banter no matter what part of the world you come from,just thought this had to be said. [smiley=nod.gif]

Just on another topic my son finished second in his last race,this gave him 2nd overall in the spring series winning a £20 LBS voucher a certificate and a yet to be awarded engraved trophy, not bad for his first season,think he deserves those forks [smiley=laughing.gif]

I finished 11th in my class,not to bad but not as good as my last result,bloody tough track though.

Simon [smiley=beer.gif]

to carbonangus [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 10:05:04 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

pedro

• Journeyman
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Y this site is so great
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 05:31:55 am »
Bill, aka Carbonangus, did a similar favor for me. It was amazing seeing how global the community has become.
Sometimes, I wish I could discuss about my other bikes, and technical work. (just opened a Mexican restaurant!!!)

pedro