Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 06:15:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30
30 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Anyone had this creak?  (Read 2113 times)

Shaggy

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Anyone had this creak?
« on: September 09, 2003, 04:18:37 pm »
Actually, it's more of a clicking noise that was coming from the swingarm area.  Upon further inspection the cable stay running into the swingarm (little flanged piece in the swingarm, for the rear derailleur) had worked it's way loose, thus creating the click whenever the suspension compressed.  Any thoughts on the proper adhesive?  I was thinking something flexible (silicon) but then thought epoxy might be the way to go.  Any thoughts?

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Anyone had this creak?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 09:45:06 pm »
throw away the cable stops and run a peice of housing through the swingarm from the last stop on the frame you will get better shifting and longer cable life esp if you get low friction cable.....
kiwi proflex rider

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 04:07:21 am »
..or you can clean the cable stop(s) and where they rest. you can put some silicone or something there, but it just attracts dust and dirt which started the whole thing in the first place.

either way

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 08:33:50 am »
Had this noise on my carbon swinging arm, the front ferrul is attached to the rear ferrule by a long plastic tube through the stay which the gear cable goes through, the tube had broken at the point where the tube was bonded to the rear ferrule and the subsequence rattling about of the plastic tube was causing the clicking noise,I replaced the tube as it was now damaged and too short, using a brake cable inner sheath and bonding one end (front)with some epoxy, made the sheath longer than the origional plastic tube and just slide the extra lenght into the rear ferrul so I can now remove the the sheath without having to break any bonded items,been fine for a couple of years now.Simon [smiley=nod.gif]
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,