Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:29:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Help Noisey Risse?  (Read 2533 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Help Noisey Risse?
« on: July 21, 2003, 04:04:47 am »
Just fitted a Risse terminator shock and its driving me mad with its constant clicking/ticking noise on every little bump even on the road, supplier says this is just the check valves operating and can do nothing about it,does anyone else have this experiance? Is my supplier correct? any information will be greatly appreciated.Simon. ??? [smiley=worry.gif] [smiley=disbelief.gif]  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 08:30:24 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
Re: Help Noisey Risse?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 09:06:41 am »
call up Risse and talk to Kevin Risse. he'll tell you the truth.
see risseracing.com for phone number.
[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 08:38:56 am »
Had some conflicting replies from risse to start with but got there in the end, the terminator is inherently noisey due to the check valves operating though they claim over time the noise will reduce due to the valves bedding in, they also offer to replace the metal check valve balls with plastic ones to reduce the noise but advise they don't seal as well,anyway I'm swapping it for an Astro5 through cvi.Simon [smiley=nod.gif]
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 09:35:17 am »
According to previous posts on this forum, the Astro is a better buy anyway. Can't remember why, but I sure like mine...
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

Rawwill

• Novice
  • proflex 997 DH
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 12:04:54 pm »
it`s light, have 5 settings and very quiet!![smiley=laughing.gif]
you`ll love it!
JMSRW

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 05:28:48 am »
Got home from work and it had arrived my Astro5 replacing my returned terminator,had the valving set up lighter than Risse recommends taking previous advice given from this forum due to Risses tendency to over valve there shocks,fitted it, pumped it up, set the sag, set the damping approx, and took it down my local trails,wow bl**dy quiet and very smooth what can I say, will only get better as it beds in and loses some stiction,thought the Nr4 wasn't too bad had plenty of usable adjustments but this blows it away,not only that I'm sure that I noticed a reduction in tail wag, it might just be me but I put it down to fact that the Risse can withstand side loadings better than the Nr4, even though the Risse is of lighter construction  it runs far larger bearings (with a larger surface area)within the shock body and the shock mounting eyes have far larger bushes and bearings making a stiffer link between the s/arm and main frame,anyway happy now.Simon  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Rawwill

• Novice
  • proflex 997 DH
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 11:42:44 am »
glad to hear it...hope you have fun riding on air..  ;D
JMSRW

drtunit

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 09:59:41 am »
I, too have a noisy, and now leaky Risse Terminator shock. I had the thing gone through by Risse and it still made the noise when it is topped out so I sent it back and told them I wanted it fixed. They told me that they had an update for the shock and intalled a negative spring (for $40-on top of the rebuild I had already paid for). Got it back and it still made the noise. I decided to give up on their customer service and rode until it leaked...and changed back to the Noleen, problem solved.
"I may be old, fat and slow...huff...puff...but...aw the heck with it, I need to take a break"