Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:18:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39
39 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Hard Anodizing my EVO's  (Read 2635 times)

Bark Rash

• Novice
Hard Anodizing my EVO's
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:54:24 am »
Sup - I've done an extensive Amt of research about the problems and risks of Hard Anodizing aluminum bicycle frames. And I've picked up a few extra frames I'm willing to take the risk with.

I just cant get the idea of my favorite Old School frame in the world finished New Skool. It would make my bikes distinctive, and I'm all about the build to make them a personal expression of my aesthetic preference. It's why I'm all about Old SchoolKustoms as well.

I'm looking for the rite shop, and any forum readers or introductions to EVO Riders that have had their frames, or similar aluminum full suspension frames Hard Anodized. Aly leads or introductions by our forum members would be greatly appreciated.

Build it like you like it, ride it like there's no tomorrow and so you still can if there is!
Build it like you like it, ride it like there's no tomorrow and so you still can if there is!

fyrstormer

• Guru
Re: Hard Anodizing my EVO's
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:45:03 am »
Hard anodizing is useful on tools, but on a bike frame you'll dent the tubes before you scratch through hard anodizing. That's why nobody does it. Regular anodizing is plenty durable for a bike frame.