Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 07:33:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27
27 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 856 ODS Upgrade?  (Read 2274 times)

Ryan856

• Novice
856 ODS Upgrade?
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:09:44 pm »
Hi Folks!

Decided its time to replace the old girvin ODS rear shock on my 856, ive seen threads on here about straight replacements like the risse genesis or the Stratos Helix Expert (if anyone has got these, are they a straight swap?), im looking for something a little more modern but if the ones I just mentioned are any good, ill try them. Has anyone got any ideas on some newer stuff that will fit the bike? The thing I notice about the current shock on it is that it has an eyelet at one end but a plate on the other and most stuff ive seen has an eyelet at either end. Is there an adapter that would let me fit shocks with eyelets at both ends?

Struggling to get a picture up but ill kep trying :)

Many Thanks,
Ryan        Happy Proflexin'  ;D

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: 856 ODS Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:41:12 am »
Hi Folks!

Decided its time to replace the old girvin ODS rear shock on my 856, ive seen threads on here about straight replacements like the risse genesis or the Stratos Helix Expert (if anyone has got these, are they a straight swap?), im looking for something a little more modern but if the ones I just mentioned are any good, ill try them. Has anyone got any ideas on some newer stuff that will fit the bike? The thing I notice about the current shock on it is that it has an eyelet at one end but a plate on the other and most stuff ive seen has an eyelet at either end. Is there an adapter that would let me fit shocks with eyelets at both ends?

Many Thanks,

Hey Ryan,

Search out older posts, and you will be a happy guy. ;D
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: 856 ODS Upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 07:46:21 am »
Hi Folks!

Many Thanks,

Hey Ryan,

Search out older posts, and you will be a happy guy. ;D
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS