Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 10:15:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30
30 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Blue Crush 1st real ride  (Read 4443 times)

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
Re: Blue Crush 1st real ride
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 10:46:13 am »
Philip,
well, mine did not break by the rivets. mine broke on the flange on one side where the four blades at the hub. I actually did not know it had broken until after the ride. I mean, I heard a loud bang, stopped, looked at the wheel near the rivets, saw nothing amiss, looked at it a bit, seemed to be true, rode another 20 miles and then looked at it more carefully once I got home. It was then I noticed, much to my dismay, that it had broken near the hub.
weird thing is, I went close to 30 mph on that wheel after it broke, and didn't notice a problem.
also, I know several people who have several thousand miles on their rev-x's w/o any problems of any sort. I think the later models were pretty well sorted.
anyway, my experience, for what its worth.
Dennis  [smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Phillip

• Journeyman
  • lead, follow or ...
Re: Blue Crush 1st real ride
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2003, 02:30:37 am »
That article states that only a very small percentage of over 100,000 produced have failed. You probably have very little chance of a problem. But those wheels do have a potential for a bad accident that normal wheels do not have. If small bump compliance is that important and the thought of failure is not in your mind, then you have great wheels for your use. I would think that lowering tire pressure 5 lbs and/or running coil suspension would have a greater effect on small bump absorption than any wheel characteristic.  Just my opinion.