Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 09:21:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25
25 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Pro-Flex Beast (1996)  (Read 2816 times)

NinjaFrog

Pro-Flex Beast (1996)
« on: June 23, 2003, 01:47:30 am »
I have just aquired the above bike and want to upgrade the front and rear elastomers with springs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to how this can be done or where I can get some springs from. I need firm springs if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Scott.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Pro-Flex Beast (1996)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 08:53:01 am »
Click on the links and go to Rdi they do spring up grades for ods units.Check first that your using ods units they are a gold coloured unit, they were introduced to 96 models so you should be ok.Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 07:44:54 pm »
ym pretty sure the beast has the ods units..you will need a sprimng and a top hat shaped adapter...AS simon says do this
kiwi proflex rider

NinjaFrog

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 02:41:44 am »
I have had a look at rdi and they say they are out of stock, but will be getting some in soon(ish).

I called hotline who are the distributers of mountainspeed stuff, and they said stopped making the springs over three years ago. Are these slightly different springs or do rdi have a new supplier.

Just interested really, hotline did manage to find me a firm rear spring, but I am still on the lookout for the a replacement for the front.

Also what is the top hat adaptor you speak off and where can I get one of those?

Scott.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 09:04:06 am »
When I got a speed spring for my old 856 with an ods unit it came as a kit and the top hat adapter came as part of the kit, you should get every thing you need to convert to springs within the kit check with the supplier first before ordering, a friend of mine recently got a kit from rdi for a beast it fitted straight on no problem.Simon. [smiley=nod.gif]
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 07:14:51 pm »
the top hat adapter allows you to fit the spring onto the ods unit.the spring is longer than the mcu units
and the top hat aloows for the length and for the larger diameter of the spring.email callum at rdi he is very helpful and will be able to answer all your questions.If the actual kit is no longer available I am sre that you could make up the adapters and get suitable springs too.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 07:18:05 pm by kiwi »
kiwi proflex rider

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 08:34:58 am »
Hotlines UK are a royal pain in the ass.

MRP have supplied me hundreds (not quite thousands) of springs over the past 3 years but have stopped making them.  I am now making springs but have sold out of MRP for the time being.  See my post regarding beta testers.  

Actually, I have 1 MSPRO2 medium front in stock if you want it.

I am sorry that I ran out but we were caught out by our supplier who didn't send out May order + didn't tell us and then we sold out. Been in negotiation with them and others to provide a better solution.

apologies to NinjaFrog and others.  

callum
rdi
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast