Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 06:31:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21
21 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Online [international] bike shop recommendations  (Read 2406 times)

Carbon_Kiwi

• Master
    • Aotearoa Web Design
Online [international] bike shop recommendations
« on: June 16, 2003, 08:57:56 am »
hey guys, just wondering if any of you can give me some pointers as to who is good to deal with, and if possible any experience with overseas shipping would be extra good...
oh, and someone who deals in chris king  ;)
ProFlex 957 [retired - but she will be back...]
K2 Oz - I LOVE my Oz   [smiley=nod.gif]
Giant OCR-0
Diamond Back Apex
Specialized Source Eleven

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Online [international] bike shop recommendatio
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 09:48:12 am »
Hi Carbon Kiwi, Try www.bikedock.com they do chris king, also look at www.chainreactioncycles.com excellent online service don't think they do chris king though, another one I've used is www.stifsport.com all these companys I've used regularly, never had a problem very helpfull, happy surfing. Simon.  [smiley=nod.gif]
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

TCP

• Novice
  • I know nothing!...noth ing!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:32:30 am »
don't know about international shipping, but i do get everything shipped to Canada.  For price you can't beat jensonusa.com, supergo.com or pricepoint.com.  For more personalized service try speedgoat.com or for one on one personal expertise try Larry Mettler at http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com.  those are the ones i've used and had success with.  I've been burned by cambriabike.com and the performance cycle group but your experience may vary.

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 09:10:13 pm »
Jase I have used pricepoint and found that the freight is the biggest variable...make sure you get them to quote the freight before you order and pay and if you can get em to get a US postal service price as well!!!!
kiwi proflex rider