Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:28:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21
21 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Santa Cruz superlight compared to Oz?  (Read 2479 times)

ToNYC

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Santa Cruz superlight compared to Oz?
« on: June 17, 2003, 02:45:20 pm »
to all Oz riders..has anyone ridden a Santa Cruz superlight and made comparisons to the Oz? 'just curious...

Old Proflexer

• Guru
Re: Santa Cruz superlight compared to Oz?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 02:58:35 pm »
no -

but nothing really compares to my k2 carbon

everytime i clean it
everytime i ride it
everytime i run my fingers over her sleek sexy smooth frame
everytime i cruz past some other riders, they just look and stare and wonder

oh yeah -

i'm the only one at the dance with a truely beautiful woman

the rest are just wannabes

OP
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 02:59:31 pm by Old_Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 04:02:44 pm »
i agree with OP about the looks of the Pro~Flex k2 Oz carbon, :D but have ridden a Superlight and it is a good bike. the SL felt like it climbed on smooth fireroads better, the rest i couldn't really compare 'cuz it wasn't my particular set up and the forks were different, too. i think the Oz felt stiffer in the rear and more plush ...and more bob. going downhill (XC style) i liked the 'em both.

that was only one ride though and couldn't wait to get back on my bike  :-*

OP, don't deny it  ;D they are looking at YOU with wonderment as the "old" guy on the  8) mt. bike.

[smiley=beer.gif]

K2ozm99

• Novice
  • Thermoplastic CF Baby!
    • My OLD Proflex Gallerey
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 07:36:51 am »
Hey Yall, IM BACK! Like the new style board, the old one was just archaic, but functional.

Anyway, I had a chance to ride some Santa Cruzes for the first time this weekend, and boy, they are nice. I actually didnt take out the Bullit but i did ride the Heckler that my friend bought for $2500 (fully built to his specs) that very day. The Superlight is more of what the Heckler used to be a few years ago, just the geometry is a litte more XC/Climbing oriented on a Superlight. I will show you guys pics of his Heckler ones its delivered to him in San Luis Obispo.

Makes you wonder, who came up with the name "superlight" first. Good Question!

Anyways, i didnt ride em on trails, just did a lot of wheelies and bouncing around in the parking lot, but Its a safe bet that all of santa cruz's frames area really nice, and built well. They are located less than 60 miles from me so i should go see if i can tour the factory (maybe get some free samples!!!  :P )  

I too love my OZ frame, OP put it right on the money. However Ive been toying with the idea of getting a Marzocchi or Fox front, going disc up there as well (Sorry OP, i just dont trust the bonded-to-carbon front disk mount [smiley=redface.gif] , and ugrading the rear shock too. I will always keep my Noleen Smartfork, but I want to get into some more technical stuff and figure its worth a try.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 07:39:46 am by k2ozm99 »
-Ivan
'99 OZm | Fox Vanilla 125RLC and 8.5" RC Shock. XT Mega-9, Titec, Easton EA70, ODI w/ Oury's  
23 - Bay Area, Ca. (If youre local, LETS RIDE!)

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 08:46:13 am »
Hey Yall, IM BACK! Like the new style board, the old one was just archaic, but functional.

Anyway, I had a chance to ride some Santa Cruzes for the first time this weekend, and boy, they are nice. I actually didnt take out the Bullit but i did ride the Heckler that my friend bought for $2500 (fully built to his specs) that very day. The Superlight is more of what the Heckler used to be a few years ago, just the geometry is a litte more XC/Climbing oriented on a Superlight. I will show you guys pics of his Heckler ones its delivered to him in San Luis Obispo.

Makes you wonder, who came up with the name "superlight" first. Good Question!

Anyways, i didnt ride em on trails, just did a lot of wheelies and bouncing around in the parking lot, but Its a safe bet that all of santa cruz's frames area really nice, and built well. They are located less than 60 miles from me so i should go see if i can tour the factory (maybe get some free samples!!!  :P )  

I too love my OZ frame, OP put it right on the money. However Ive been toying with the idea of getting a Marzocchi or Fox front, going disc up there as well (Sorry OP, i just dont trust the bonded-to-carbon front disk mount [smiley=redface.gif] , and ugrading the rear shock too. I will always keep my Noleen Smartfork, but I want to get into some more technical stuff and figure its worth a try.

Hi and welcome back....