Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 12:22:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45
45 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Englund Air cartrige set up tips?  (Read 2148 times)

Vance_in_AK.

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Englund Air cartrige set up tips?
« on: May 30, 2003, 03:35:41 am »
Been away from this board for about a year, but I love the new setup.
  I have a 2001 Razorback Team with '98 Manitou SX forks.
 I've had a problem with the internals on the Manitou preload adjuster stripping out (I only weigh 195) so I decided to try the Englund Total Air cartriges.
 I guess it's a little late to ask if you like the cartriges, but does anyone have any tips to get them setup properly?
         Vance in AK.
   (it's good to be back)

Autoduel

• Novice
  • Have tools...will modify
Re: Englund Air cartrige set up tips?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 06:25:33 am »
The 98' forks were known to have the preload knob lock up.  Manitou should be able to replace it with one from a 99' or 2000.  As for the englunds I have some in my judy and love it.  I get almost full travel w/o bottoming. On set up I felt that the #1 rebound bleed screw was too slow and #2 too fast(or vice versa, cant remember). Anyway I put #1 on one leg and #2 in the other which was perfect for me.  It dropped my judy's weight down to 2.9 lbs.
957 - sold
856 w/ cane creek shock - wife's bike

GaryF52

• Apprentice
  • It's only a little further to the top.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 02:59:35 pm »
There's nothing tricky about setting them up.  The manufacturer's instructions should get you very close to the right setting.  Be sure to use plenty of grease when you assemble your forks.  

I have an XMO fork that uses Englunds and they work really well.  Ekosport has plenty of technical info on their web site, and has always been great on service.  They can rebuild the cartridges at a good price, or, provide a kit for you to do it yourself.  

Vance_in_AK.

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 02:31:04 am »
   Thanks for the info guys.
  Autoduel,  my original preload cap did freeze up, so I replaced it with a later one which stripped internally after maybe 10 hrs.
 The Englunds should be here today, so maybe I'll get to play with them first of next week.  I'll let you know how they work.
    Vance in AK.