Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:21:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47
47 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Fork upgrade opinions for evo?  (Read 4687 times)

slowride

• Journeyman
  • Mmmmm... dirt!
Re: Fork upgrade opinions for evo?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2003, 11:14:44 am »
OK, I hate having to retract previous statements, but I just rode some real tight singletrack today, and my DM felt just like a pig in the handling dept. I have come to believe that maybe it is too slack, and now I'm planning on getting a slightly shorter travel fork, probably a Marathon. So, I have changed my mind!

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
Re: Fork upgrade opinions for evo?
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2003, 02:52:29 am »
Again it depends on what you are riding, Yesterdays ride is probably my favourite at the moment, a long steep climb on road and doubletrack which definately made me use the ecc followed by a long rooty,rocky droppy twisty fast downhill singletrack back to sea level. The ecc sucks on rough stuff because it is locked out but i don't think i could do that uphill with 130mm, but the down is a dream with the longer travel. I have done the same trail with a HT and 3" fork and with the Evo with 4" fork  and  i am definately riding better, faster and having more fun with 5". But i wouldn't call that trail XC ! I also have a pretty short stem, moderate riser bars and i drop my seat all the way for that track. If anyone is in JA and wants to ride with us that is where we're gonna take ya !!! Having said that we took a chap with us on one of our spare bikes, an old steel Scott HT with toe clips and a fork that probably had 2" originally until we replaced the internals with fish gun rubber, and he made it down in one piece and had fun, we just had to wait for him.